1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nickoloz Tskitishvili

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by FranchiseBoi86, Mar 13, 2002.

1. FranchiseBoi86

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/nickoloztskitishvili.htm
    ANOTHER PAU GASOL, SHOULD WE GET HIM??

At just 18, is one of the top overall prospects in Europe. Very precocious feel for the game. Excels in many aspects. Can shoot from long range, battles for rebounds. Struggles defensively, but just needs time to develop his strength. Has very good agility and can run the floor. Great offensive touch. Could grow another few inches. Talk in Europe is that he will be better than Pau Gasol. Will probably end up at 7-1.

On Tzikistvili being a top 5 pick. "Well if I was a GM I wouldn't do it, you've got Ming, Gooden, Williams, Wagner, Woods, Stoudamire and others. But there is a Gasol factor here. Gasol had a lot of hype from Spain but didn't showcase himself to NBA suits before the draft and didn't put up dominating numbers in Spain, but showed promise. Memphis took a gamble and we know the rest. Same goes for Tziki he has great promise (although I think Gasol is a better player) and people will have to take a gamble here if they want to use a high pick on him. But i think a later lottery slection would be more realistic for him, from the 7th to 15th pick."

-Uros Velkavrh