1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nicki Minaj - Twerking and saying some words

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Aug 20, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This thread is 3 pages.

The point of the song isn't to be good, its to get attention

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I like butts the way I like my plums: black, juicy, and plump.

That said, the song is terrible. no rythm or flow at all. I hate the voice changing thing that Nicki does, it's as bad as Drake's continued insistence and singing his raps like he's a broadway rapper.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yeah, just like Clutch Community? :grin:

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wish i was under 20. Honestly, its not that serious. If you want to preach about YOUR standards, go to joelosteenfans.com or something. We're trying to have fun and keep things light. We're not talking about future wife prospects or anything remotely serious. And if we are being fair, we don't know her real personality unless we actually know her. But who cares, I don't even know her camera personality. This holier than thou attitude is unecessary here.

I can simply just appreciate the beauty of a woman, real or fake, thin or thick, and no matter the skin color. I don't judge somebody's personality unless I actually get to know her. If she gives me a woody, shes a winner. How about that for "Real Men Standards"?

If we're being serious, then it would be different. But thats not what this thread is about.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly!

Who in our group is gonna twerk?

6. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

LOL. You do realize that their fame and image on stage is directly related to how much money they make right? And you do realize that a stage personality is a pre-developed business strategy used to sell her to the masses right? This has nothing to do with personal character...it's simply business.

And I hope you realize that Ice Cube is not as gangster as he is on his rap albums and Marilyn Manson is not quite the freak show he puts on stage.

Through reading your input on this thread, I would venture to guess you would much rather the music industry be full of Celine Dions and George Straits. Is that right?

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy has better videos

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

So, you're a fan of hip-hop, and openly assume it's always been nothing more than rapping about one's "sexual prowess"...? That Hip-hop came into existence only recently...? Or, worse... that Nicki Minaj is a prime example of the genre...?

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth... but, by interpreting that particular post and that specific quote you're replying to as clear evidence of a dislike of the genre... it sounds like that's what you're saying...

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

Many successful mainstream artists have been able to achieve success without whoring themselves to that typical business model...

And here are a couple who have... these two achieved mainstream success well before they became "entrepreneurs"... They did it by boldly being themselves in a time when mainstream society wouldn't accept them, and keeping to their own artistic integrity, which included their perceived "image", however the business environment of their time wanted them to change, they instead helped alter that environment...

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Joel Osteen's crowd would actually be even more beneath my standards....

11. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

14. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Well obviously Eminem did not invent the controversy sells aspect. There were many before him, but I find it hard to believe they took it to the magnitude he did, or made the amount of money he did as a result.

I don't know much of her music, so I will not comment on her influence on the genre or the mainstream music scene. I watch her video and see her ass bouncing around (and smile), you watch her video and worry about women's rights being set back - I believe that is the primary difference between us. I suspect that you have a daughter, and that is why this concerns you. Or maybe you are married to a Feminist?

Regardless the reason - Evidently your horse sits higher than mine, and everyone else in this thread. I am not sure if you mean to be condescending or if it your M.O., but you seem to be well spoken and knowledgeable. Instead of wasting your time and efforts here with us, you should be at a women's rights march progressing their movement. :grin:

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Get out of here with that, nothing more annoying than a man trying to tell women whats empowering to them and whats not.

Also I'm requoting this since it messed up, there are PLENTY...PLENTY of women who never sell sex and have success. So that argument falls flat on it's face completely.

Some women do and some women don't...and to me I think that freedom is more empowering than telling them they all need to cover up. This ain't Saudi Arabia.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing though, as of this week the top 3 selling female solo acts are.

3 - Miranda Lambert
    2 - Iggy Azaela (Whose just like Nicki)
    1 - Lorde

2 out of the three on that list aren't really selling sex appeal. I mean you may find them attractive but they aren't humping the floor like Shakira or getting in doggystyle position like Nicki there.

There are plenty of artist though that have success, like the ones I named and I don't count success as platinum albums. That's rare.

The funny thing about Nicki is that most of her fans seem to be female? So I'm not sure she's even selling sex to them, I think and this is just coming from how some women react to their music...they appreciate that she's as upfront about her sexuality. I don't know, I'm not a woman but I don't see many male Nicki Minaj fans.