1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright: Rockets are so much more capable of instilling fears in the opposition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Oct 29, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

McLemore was signed to the minimum by the Rockets. His cap number is about $2m, not $5.5.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Here's a name to consider, not that he's great at defense.

Bobby Portis. Unfortunately he's at $15 with a club option for next year, so have to assume NYK want to get something decent back for that optionality. Not sure what the Rockets could offer.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Good points and I agree

Nook likes this.
  4. justtxyank

We have no combination that could get to Bobby Portis salary matching requirements without including a core player. Would have to be PJ Tucker plus a player or EG or Capela, no other way to get there.

Back to the same issue I've said: very difficult to ADD rotation pieces.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. JayZ750

Serves me right for relying on ESPN NBA Trade Machine. They show $5,460,000 for some reason. My bad.

BaselineFade and justtxyank like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I have absolutely no faith that we will add a legit 4/5. We been talking about this for the past few seasons and the Rockets haven't delivered. I would like to blame Morey, since he has always had an obsession with short players, but at this point I am blaming Tilman. We all know that Tilman is trying to win a championship and also trying to prove that you can do it without being a luxury tax team. He was so lucky that his first year the team was fantastic but it's obvious we needed to spend these last two seasons and thus far he refused to.

Mike D needs an extension as well but his dumbass method of giving Mike an incentive type of extension is idiotic.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  7. JayZ750

Right. I would do it for EG no problem, but is it correct that he's not tradeable until Feb. 20th, which is after the trade deadline?

I'd move PJ + Clint for Portis + Mitchell Robinson.... maybe... or maybe not...

8. justtxyank

That's correct (I forgot!) because he signed his extension when he did it makes him untradeable during the year.

So to get someone making any real money our only way to get there is Capela or Tucker+.

I have zero interest in moving PJ Tucker.

ElPigto and pippendagimp like this.
  9. JayZ750

Which is why I'm super baffled by the EG signing. It's not like there's a ton of teams with mega cap space next year. He was literally your only tradeable contract of size, and they made him untradeable.

I wouldn't trade PJ either, since the idea is if you add that 4, it gives PJ space to be super flexible role player.

So back to DM finding a power forward version of Patrick Beverly, lol.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

LOL they don’t play defense. Teams are not afraid of Houston because as of right now they know they can easily score on them.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Bench isnt bad.....dantoni is ****ing this up...he on the hot seat even for me. Im wqtching his 3very move. Dont let people think we dontbhav3 everything we need. Him not plsying mclemore when ego cant hit a shot is red flag.
    Him not even giving clemon i 5 min burn when the man might be the 3rd best shooter on the team is a red flqg.

Im looking a dantoni for tbis season....him n him alone

12. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Im not sure.

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL its always been threes AND layups

15. MystikArkitect

Like who?

justtxyank likes this.
  16. dejamike

dejamike Member

As I had pointed out in the other thread, we would easily be 0-3 if we had CP3 instead of WB this year. Some people looked at this trade incorrectly imo, the main reason WB is here is not to complement Harden’s game, he is here to take the workload off Harden when he is not on the floor or struggling, also to give the defense a different look.

vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Imagine if Morey had gotten JaMychal Green at the trade deadline as reported. I would feel much better about our big rotation.

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Pretty much anyone that b****es about our roster has put little thought into how they would construct the roster, or who is available.

“We need a long 4 that can shoot 3’s, block everything, and plays amazing defense on the switch.”

Oh really? That’s what we need? An All-Star 4? Wow thanks, I’m sure nobody has thought of that yet, we’ll go acquire AD tomorrow for a bag of peanuts.

ico4498 likes this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The better teams? We beat every team not named Golden State like 4 of the past 5 playoffs.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong, blame Tillman for not letting Morey go into the luxury tax. How do you expect Morey to magically get this so called player to sign with us for league minimum???