1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Johnson game 3 minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Apr 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

no time for Nick, he is not ready.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He hardly touched the ball on offense.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

He blew a layup, but EVERYONE has blown a layup...missed a dunk, etc.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't see more time at some point.

Jitters a a b****.

The more he plays, the better/more comfortable he will become.

Blown layup: "see....he'll never be nothing!" lol :rolleyes:

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

*are a ....

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

maybe blowing a layup isn't a big deal.... but tat the time it was, and if you're a rook in the playoffs, you have to perform with the time you're given. Rockets knew what Capela could offer, and thats why he's given time. Nick? I dunno, I just don't see much besides bad passes, missed shots, the "missed layup", and not really making much of a difference on the defensive end.

Yes, you could take the chance and give him more minutes, but I don't know if you start experimenting in Game 5 when you're up 3-1 and he hasn't really shown you anything. He hasn't really had any breakout moments this season that show otherwise. I would love for it to be different, but there's nothing I've witnessed that really makes me think oh yeh give more minutes to Nick Johnson to save us.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I'm all in for Nick Fury Johnson... he's hungry. He's young and he wants to help. Tell him to focus on defense and not worry about offense and maybe we'll see a whole new Nick Fury Johnson we've never seen before. All I know is that he's quicker than both Prig's and Terry combined and that alone will help us.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't need to touch the ball too much on offense either unless its on a break away dunk in transition. He has one of the ugliest shots on the team. He just can't shoot.