1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Caserio - Next GM

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Jan 5, 2021.

?

How you feel?

1. I love

26 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. I hate

84 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. meh

69 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. I don't know

61 vote(s)
    25.4%
  1. Agent94

Agent94 Member

That wasn't the trade. It was 65, 188 and 230 for the 62 pick. Yes, I would rather have 65, 188 and 230 than 62. Tom Brady was 199. Last year Brock Purdy was 262, the last pick in the draft. The draft is a crap shoot. I would rather have more rolls of the dice and weed them out in training camp.

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

188 - 6th round.
    230 - 7th round.
    62 - 2nd round

That was the trade, yes is a crap shot, but then, most of the time players in the 2nd round work better than players in the 6th round.
    But if I can take Travis Kelce (2nd round) over bunch of TEs in the 5th,6th, 7th, I would take it.
    The Texans drafted 9 players, and also signed a lot of undrafted players, I think we are ok with that.

Sooty likes this.
  3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Where are you getting this? Everything I have seen says they traded two picks to move up three spot. Not two picks for a 2nd rounder.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

its better to move up even if only two spots, if you love a player, then missing a player because a team selected before you, or a team trading up to pick the player you want it, because it fits your system, Just like happened soo many times to the Texans getting leapfrogged by other teams.

Sooty likes this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Don’t you get it? If we keep our picks and someone jumps in front of us to grab a player we want then shame on Nick for not being aggressive. If we trade up to grab that player, then nick was being wasteful with our picks. If we sign players for multiple years then it is too costly and wasting our cap space. If we sign players to 1 year deals then it is showing zero commitment and not helping long term. If we took a Qb with our first pick then we are just going for butts in seats and not building the trenches. If we take a generational edge with our first pick then we are not addressing the most important position on the field, but if we select both then it’s because we spent too much in draft capital.

Basically, we need to sign all elite FAs for 4+ years and pennies on the dollar because this is a desirable FA destination. We also need to just use the picks we have, all 12 of them, to select the exact best players at all our positions of need and then sign all 12 rookies. Then we also need to have a fun team to watch but also have a high enough pick to get all the best players next year too.

cmon man, keep up, or are you even a fan?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Caserio fills the Executive Vice President role vacated by Jack Easterby.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

New GM coming soon

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

no.

raining threes likes this.