1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice things about the Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He is also in it too. He's swimming with the a bunch of shark toothed Rockets as we speak.

2. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

He actually seems to care about his team more than 95% of sport owners.

If the mavericks get in a fight on the court Cuban is basically down to go throw bows with them. Can't say that about a lot of owners in sports

3. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I tip my hat to Dirk, one of the greatest ever. A nod to Tyson Chandler, a big part of the Dallas championship and a hell of a defender. Game two was unfair to Chandler who can still do his thing. Dirk can still score but its painful to watch him defend.

Go Rockets!!!

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Aminu is great. I am actually not happy witg parsons injury since it will lead to more playing time for aminu.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I respect Carlisle more than any coach in the league outside of Pops. He's the main reason I'm not taking this series for granted. We are the heavy favorites at this point but Carlisle alone could get the effort out of them to push it to 6 or 7 games.

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

When Dallas won their championship I was happy for you guys. If the rockets win, hopefully you guys can get past it and cheer for us the rest of the way.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sure i hate the Mavs but lets be real whats happening with their franchise (although could have been avoided) really sucks for them. Classy post, but as for now game 3 son, we gotta get this one on the road.

8. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Uptown Dallas is fun.

well if you're white and rich.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

and we may hate him, I do alot, but Dirk just seems like the coolest dude off the court ever. Took a massive pay cut for his team to get better, you have to respect that.

10. CertifiedTroll

You have a coach with the balls to bench an ex-all star player.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm truly sorry guys, but I just can't bring myself to play along. My stomach can only handle so much. :p

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This is pathetic.

I like that Dallas has lost 2 games to us in the playoffs, and I love that they traded for Rondo and ruined their team.

1 person likes this.
  13. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

You traded for an all star Point Guard that perfectly fits the personality of your city:
    -Pretentious
    -Thinks he's better than everyone around him
    -Washed up

1 person likes this.
  14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I LOVE to hate the Maverick Fans. I don't really dislike the team, it's their fan base I want to DDT. (google the wrestling move) Hmmmm what else positive. I Think that Parson is still a male jean model and Dirk's patent jumper is iconic. Mark Cuban is an AWESOME owner if you're a Mavericks fan. I Love I-45 South whenever I'm in Dallas and this one time I had a stomach virus; it was a Dallas commode that relieved the pain.

I Love Dallas as much as I love Wood Rats.

There.... effort made

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dallas is lucky to have Barea because the only time you would love him is when he is on your team.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

THIS. **** THE MAVS

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I enjoy shark tank and Lamborghini Dallas have great inventory and nice sales guys

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This thread almost feels like a jinx. We're only up 2-0. If the Rockets play like crap the next 2 games, this thing could return to H-Town tied 2-2.

I guess if I have to compliment the Mavs, I'll say that Cuban is one of the most dedicated owners in the NBA. Just think about what a joke that franchise used to be in the 90's before he took over and it's amazing how he transformed the culture over there. Obviously this coincides with the drafting of(or technically trading for) Dirk. Everyone focuses on the run the Spurs have had with Duncan and Popovich, but the one by Dirk and Cuban is impressive in its own right.

19. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

While I don't like the way he left, Chandler Parsons put in a lot of work for Houston, producing WAY above his paygrade. He deserve to make more money and and I'm glad he has been adequately compensated for his time in Houston before getting injured and having to have surgery.

Thank you Mark Cuban for footing the bill on that one, and paying Parsons for all the hard work he did in Houston!

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Babe's Chicken and In-n-Out. That's all I got.