1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFP] Texans looking at Qbs and WRs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by leroy, Oct 13, 2010.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

via National Football Post...

Maybe looking for another KR and are a little worried about depth with both JJ and AJ hobbled. I'm not sure I understand the QB tryouts, though. Maybe just for due diligence?

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think the WRs are to replace SS as the kickoff return guy and depth. Not sure what the deal is with the QBs though.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I still wonder if Colt Brennan could make it in the right situation.

It couldn't hurt for the Texans to see if there are better options out there than Orlovsky and Leinart. We know what they can do, and it isn't good. Were Schaub to go down (#2 in sacks taken, 14, only behind Cutler who tallied up 9 of his 17 in the MNF game), our season would be in serious jeopardy.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Colt Brennan couldn't even make the Raiders roster.

He's pure garbage and I'm still laughing about June Jones calling him the best QB in the nation during his gimmicky Hawaii years.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I wouldn't mind adding Reggie Brown or Colt Brennan. I would like to see Colt get another shot, I think he actually might fit the system here and he can't be worse than Dan O.

8. rockets934life

Interesting bit of news, not sure what the guy has left after the roids but might be work a look...

JasonLaCanfora Chargers LB Shawne Merriman on IR with a “minor-injury designation,” so he must be released by the team when he becomes healthy.

Anything to help the pass rush would be something to at least check into.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Interesting. I think his torn achilles has more to do with his recent play than being off the roids. When does this mean he will be released? Because the Texans should be all over him

10. emjohn

He hasn't been close to the same post "asthma medication" suspension. His stats were cut in half last year, and he's been ineffective this year, missing two games and struggling with a calf injury.

His Lights Out dancing days are gone. Besides, Cushing is a very effective blitzer, I'd personally say he's as good at it as Merriman was in 2007. It helped Merriman that his defense was stacked at almost every position. 4 upper end players can't carry 7.

11. rockets934life

From what I understand, when he is healthy again, which should be in a couple of weeks, then the Chargers MUST release him and he can sign anywhere as a FAgent. Right now the issues appears to be a calf problem but like I said, he should be active within a few weeks.

12. rockets934life

Actually pretty much agree HOWEVER it appears the secondary is what it will be, the linebackers are solid enough so it comes down to the front four. If there is a chance this guy can come in and help the pass rush on 3rd downs/passing downs why not give him a look?

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd rep you if I could, Donny.

If the Texans aren't all over the phones trying to work a deal for a veteran CB to bring some help, they should be.

14. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

I wouldn't doubt that they are not. Kubiak is just plain ignorant and should not be an NFL coach, maybe High School.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

We should trade Foster for a CB.

(Sell high?)

:(

16. rockets934life

I would say it has little to do with ignorance and more to do with stubbornness on his behalf. The guy chose these players and wants to make it work, sink or swim. I do not like his loylty being so darn strong with some of these guys. The guy, however, is far from ignorant to the situation.

17. emjohn

Actually, maybe we should talk to the Packers about moving one of our TEs for one of their reserve corners. With Finley out for the year and Lee out for a few weeks, they may be interested.

Jarrett Bush maybe?

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would actually consider it at this point

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"The weakest component in any system is the component that is least flexible." - MadMax

1 person likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'd say the same thing about Owen Daniels. Although I'm not sure how valuable he is coming off an injury.