1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 29, 2015.

1. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

im a joke, but you think brian hoyer and ryan mallet are actual nfl qb's... lol the texans have never had one, i know that sucks

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Aww, c'mon, we both know you are a huge Tony Banks fan

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

In This Week with Michael Bennett. . .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Michael Bennett: &quot;I don't like Matt Stafford much. He's from Dallas. They killed the President (JFK). ... I hold it against him.&quot;</p>&mdash; Curtis Crabtree (@Curtis_Crabtree) <a href="https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/651240144981221376">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Calling out his owner to pay Kam.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/e2D5eBIpWpp/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The good thing about this blown call that cost the Lions the game is that it'll finally end the lockout and the replacement refs will be done and the real refs will come back.

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

what are you talking about

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Google: "fail mary"

7. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

i know about that play, but the nfl refs are not in a lockout right now

8. Cannonball

That was the joke.

::whoosh::

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Basically everytime i watch a game now I question myself, "why are you wasting your time with this crap?" No matter what your team is capable of, the officials ultimately can change the course of a game and most often times do. The Texans played like crap we all know this but if we didn't get ticky tacked and if the Falcons would have gotten some blatant calls against them, who knows the direction the game would have went. This **** is getting as fake as the damn WWE.

10. Major

Major Member

The reason it's a big story is that it most often doesn't happen, especially with the addition of replay. Look how many game-changing plays are overturned on replay, and then think what that means for the number of mistakes made prior to replay. That said, human error has always been part of sports - it's true in the MLB and NBA too. If you're not OK with that, you probably won't enjoy sports in general.

11. Cannonball

Yeah, calls like this that clearly affect the outcome at a pivotal time in the game are rare. But what I think mick is referring to is that refs can make more subtle calls that kill or extend drives and affect the momentum of teams during a game. They call holds on one team but miss the same call on the other team. Pick plays that they write off as rubs. Missed PI calls. They happen all the time. Not necessarily at the end of the game where the focus is more likely to be on the call (or lack of one), but that doesn't mean they don't have a large impact on the flow of the game.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WOTTTICE THIS RT <a href="https://twitter.com/TrillAC_">@TrillAC_</a>: Prayers up for Victor Cruz <a href="http://t.co/7t0JAZY9G0">pic.twitter.com/7t0JAZY9G0</a></p>&mdash; Woof Blitzer (@I_Exude_Sarcasm) <a href="https://twitter.com/I_Exude_Sarcasm/status/651445798878769152">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Thank you, Thats what I'm talking about, the calls that go on all the time that are nonreviewable. Texans got penalized play after play without so much as a replay showing the violations then you see obvious holds against Atlanta and nothing is said not even by the commentators. It's demoralizing for a team to have it cave in on you so hard and fast and then when the game is out of reach they try and equal out the calls just so they can say it was called pretty even.

14. Major

Major Member

This is absolutely all true - but it has been since sports were invented. Most penalties are subjective - that's the nature of our sports, whether it be ball/strike calls in baseball or fouls in the NBA or PI or holding in the NFL. If anything, replay has reduced that on some of the biggest calls.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Detroit is cursed. First, they shouldn't have lost the Cowboys playoff game but wuz robbed. Now, this.

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I had to break out into evil laughter.

Hooooo hooooo haaaaaaaah haaaaaah!

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

They are not one of the "chosen ones". We know that feeling all too well.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

The not reviewable thing needs to go away .. so there were head officials watching the game from a control center and said nothing , knowing the official was wrong and a **** storm would follow ? WTF.. is it like one of those NatGeo shows where the cameraman has to watch a pack of hyenas kill a baby elephant because nature ?

They need to just make everything reviewable stop all the automatic reviews and just give teams like 1 challenge a quarter to use as you wish .