1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 4

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by 713, Sep 24, 2014.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

I enjoy flag football, apparently not as much as you do.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Actually he fell apart in the 4th quarter of the Eagles game. He looked too shytie at the end of last season to buy into what he did the past two weeks IMO... But you're right the job is his for a while and he has a chance to prove himself. Seattle and Arizona are up next :eek:

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wow. Expect a lot of checkdowns against Seattle lol.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Didn't Romo have like 4 or 5 in a single half last session?

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Haha, I mean I haven't physically watched a game on TV where the QB was picked off with such frequency.

You could be right, though. It's Romo lol.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I've never seen a WR take a double head shot before. So is that two fines?

[​IMG]

Honestly though if the offensive player lowers their head what else is supposed to happen? This is a violent game.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It will be hard to completely eliminate those plays, no doubt

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Thoughts on my eagles @ 49'ers

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Spongy helmets? Something that changes the impact". It's a natural reaction to duck your head in a collision like that.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Have to favor the 49ers. They are going home after a loss and it's hard to imagine them falling to 1-3. The Eagles D should help the 49ers O get going. Eagles haven't looked dominant in their wins.

Unless they win the TO margin decisively, I think the Eagles are going down in SFO unless Foles plays out of his mind (which is possible).

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Your Eagles? ;)

12. Remii

Remii Member

Eagles. May be a big day for Foles and Jeremy Mac. The 49ers secondary is straight trash.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Demps Turns and tried everything to just put a shoulder in on him.
    If it were not for the other player . . . The Receiver might have bounce off that weak tackling position and ran for more yards
    but
    The defenders cannot hit and wrap up like they were taught anymore
    They have to peck them with the shoulder and hope they fall down.

#26 looks like he got more head contact than Demps

Rocket River

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah Demps led with his shoulder.

Also the only reason Rolle ended up with the helmet to helmet hit is because Paul lowered his head but of course the NFL aims to protect offensive players and not the defensive guys

15. Major

Major Member

If you're putting your head down to "tackle" someone, you're not intending to wrap them up. To do that, you have to keep your head up and, at some point, put your arms out. They did neither. They didn't even have their arms in a position that would ever allow them to wrap up. The simple way to avoid a flag is to do exactly what you suggested - wrap up like they were taught. Just don't put your head down and almost all the tackling problems get solved.

16. Remii

Remii Member

You do know Paul has over a 30 pound weight difference on Demps...??? Paul probably would have blew Demps smooth up if he tried to make a correct form tackle at that angle. Many of these 200-210 pound DB's have to make business decisions when they have a massive TE coming at them. To me it looks like Demps had the intention of trying to deliver a hit on the ball and if nothing else just get in Paul's way and slow him down without getting complete ran over. You can tell Rolle looked like he wanted no parts of that situation...Lol...

But Paul lowered his head real low into the blow. He put his head into the action. In 2013 they said they were going to flag runners for lowering their heads and using the crown of their helmets (which Paul did) and they haven't been enforcing that rule. If they do _ It might cut out a few of these concussions.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Antonio Brown should be in discussion with the top Wrs in the league

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>"Hello, I am 64-year-old Dom Capers, defensive coordinator, this is definitely actually my hair for sure" <a href="http://t.co/GzssvHd1Ly" title="http://twitter.com/the_Zubes/status/516288789660958720/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/GzssvHd1Ly</a></p>&mdash; Your Boy The Zubes (@the_Zubes) <a href="https://twitter.com/the_Zubes/status/516288789660958720" data-datetime="2014-09-28T18:10:14+00:00">September 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Bears Playground Defense vs. Discount Double Check MVP

Disappointing:rolleyes:

20. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

YO antonio brown is just NASTY. i have been playing him literally every week so far. :(