1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 23, 2015.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ok, having to physically toss the red flag is pretty lame at this point. That should have been a td return there, refs should not blow the damn whistle if there is any doubt. BS call!

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

This ref crew is a joke! Clearly a forward pass. The fix is in!

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

lol Jim Marciano screwing up special teams for the Lions

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Broncos catching break after break this season

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What does Kubiak even do now? Wade Phillips defense is carrying the team to wins, Peyton has already taken back control of the offense.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Lions are nearly unwatchable

7. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Broncos D beasting, might take them deep in the PO. That would be interesting if the D is more of a story on a Peyton's team.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Raiders may have their triplets in place. I'm not ready to declare Derek Carr totally legit just yet, and Latavius Murray needs to prove he can stay healthy for a season, but I can already say one thing with certainty... Amari Cooper is the real deal. Joe Haden is one of the best cover corners in the league. Cooper caught all 6 targets thrown his way with Haden covering him. His route running is mind boggling for a rookie.

Baby Carr is making strides though, which is nice to see. Sure, having some legit weapons help, but that TD pass to Roberts over the defender placed perfectly in the corner was a great throw.

Still, the Raiders are not a good football team because the defense is still so so terrible. The linebackers are so bad it makes your head spin. Want a good fantasy tip? Start whatever TE is facing the Raiders, they don't know how to cover them. Who the **** is Gary Barnidge? Doesn't matter, he'll have a career day. They won't fare very well in divisional play when Rivers, Smith and Manning are picking apart your scrubs.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scoopage: The Panthers have just agreed to a trade for Bears DE Jared Allen</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/648595050163630080">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jared Allen is washed up. Chicago is a mess. Not much to see here.

11. Apps

Apps Member

My god that Packers drive was utterly dominant. For once, just for once I'd like to know what it's like to root for a team with that level of competence.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You'd probably forget it in just 4 years though...

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Betting on the Packers in Lambeau is free money. They just dominate every time.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chiefs look atrocious.

15. Apps

Apps Member

Are you honestly comparing two years of Texans football with six years of Packers' competitiveness?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You said you wished you knew what it was like to root for a team with competence, featuring dominant drives, presuming that the Texans have never been capable.

Just merely pointed out it wasn't that long ago here.

If you had said you wished you had a perennial SB contender with a HOF QB, probably couldn't argue with you there.

17. Apps

Apps Member

I should have clarified my point from the onset, but I meant a team that showed that level of competence over a sustained period of time to the extent that you wouldn't be constantly asking yourself if it was merely an aberration in a long existence of woe.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... figured that's what you were getting at.

So basically, you're going to be looking at the following teams with envy:
    New England
    Green Bay
    Seattle
    Indy
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore (who's probably about done)

The Texans are merely with every other team in the NFL that had a 2-4 year window that has since closed (or is closing fast).

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Alex Smith is awful, but hes still starting in the NFL...WHY?

20. Apps

Apps Member

What is your broader point here? That 6/32 is measly enough that I should be fatalistically satisfied with the Texans' mediocrity? I expressed my envy. It's a human emotion, it happens.