1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 16, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Turns out the Chiefs aren't as good when you don't gift them 2 possessions starting in the red zone....

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Man, Peters has looked nice for the Chiefs the last 2 games. I hope we don't regret out KJ pick

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

So if a player fumbles the ball, 100% of the blame goes on the coach? :rolleyes:

KC fumbled the ball 3 times, iirc. Kubiak had nothing to do with any of those. Like another poster said, pretty awesome to be this lucky so many times in one game.

4. conquistador#11

no, was talking about TNF on thursday night game. should have been more specific.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Pretty crazy to see him have this much success this early ...when people compete so hard, good things happen...happy for him especially considering all the stuff he had prior to the draft.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Marcus Peters has 7 pass deflections, 2 INTs and a TD in his first 2 NFL games. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Chris Wesseling (@ChrisWesseling) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/644713829058789377">September 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, Denver has two wins. Let's see how long it takes the Texans to get two wins.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is ZERO need to run the ball...take a knee and go to OT. The call/decision to run that play is exactly why almost every other coach would take a knee...

:rolleyes:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They've got a good chance of that happening within the next two days now that they have the right QB starting.....also let's not pretend that Kubiak has done a good job, the defense has bailed him out and Kubiak knows nothing at all about defense.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I meant to say "ten days" not "two days"

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So it was Wade then? Interesting.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Embarrassing choke by the Chiefs, but I still like that team going forward. I think they'll be right there with the Broncos for the AFC West.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Worse choke, Giants in week 1 or tonight by the Chiefs?

14. conquistador#11

giants definitely. Here, the broncos D had to make Charles cough up that ball.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I remember I was criticized when I selected him (as 49er GM) in the Clutch Fans mock draft earlier this year. "reach" "problem child" etc. Peters has just enough of a mean streak and attitude to succeed as a defensive back.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife was getting ready to go to bed while I was getting ready for OT, she was very glad she stuck around until the end.....crazy game....

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I was watching that game in my living room and it was tied at 24. Turned off the TV, went to my bedroom, turned on the TV, and they were interviewing Peyton walking off the field. WTF??

18. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

KC is so scared or inept to throw the ball to midrange to deep.

19. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

After two games, it's pretty clear Kubiak's offense is going to unravel the Broncos down the stretch. You can't win every game on a pick-6 or fumble recovery for touchdown. Sure, Peyton is still engineering his comeback drives but that's all him no help from Kubiak. This is going to end in disaster. Either Manning takes over and runs the offense or Kubiak's poor coaching will be exposed.

20. buffalobills!!!

Kubiak will be exposed