1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL: Week 15

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 12, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Guys, I apologize in advance because I usually don't do this, and I regularly scold those that do, but.......

I started Alex Smith and Jamal Charles yesterday. I also picked up Greg Jennings off the waiver wire at 11:58 a.m. and started him. I'm up by over 200 points and I still have Calvin Johnson going tonight.

Anyway....

Turned off the cowboy game when they were up 13-3. Then turned it back on in the 4th right as Dez made that amazing TD grab in the back of the end zone. Almost turned it off again.....but I just had this strange voice in the back of my head telling me to leave it on....

So, I did. :)

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Someone's quite proud of their lucky schedule.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Good read on the Cowboys-Packers game

Mike Mccarthy seems like an unbelievable coach. On the contrary, Jason Garrett and/or whoever calls plays for the Cowboys seems incredibly dense and/or stubborn. The Packers may have been stacking the box, but you have to run it at least a few times in the 4th to keep the clock churning and see if you can grind out a few first downs to wear out the defense.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Jason was just taking what the defense gave him.

Hmmm, that sounds kind of familiar......

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I can almost guarantee you that...if the Cowboys would have just run it...they still would have screwed it all up because GB was stacking the box more in the 2nd half and going one-on-one coverage on the receivers primarily. It may have burned the clock a little more but the Cowboys would have just been going 3 and out because they would run on 1st and 2nd down for minimal yards. Then, it would be 3rd and 5 (or around there). Then, they would fail at a simple short pass like they did when they were passing at the end of the game because...by that time...GB was getting better penetration and Romo was having to move around while plays broke down. What was working wasn't going to work in the 2nd half because it's the Cowboys.

People seem to forget that the Cowboys have blown big leads by playing conservatively like that in the 2nd half trying to run the ball more...and they still lost the game because they weren't aggressive enough with the pass. Their main issue is they can never find the right balance to close out games.

I guarantee you they would have lost either way because the defense couldn't stop GB from driving for TDs on any possession in the second half. The game would have just unfolded a little differently but they still would have lost IMO. Once the momentum shifted, the Cowboys were just fighting an uphill battle holding on for dear life and that was that. You could see it.

#105 Surfguy, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The Cowboys did run in the second half. 7 fairly successful times.
    Everything you said probably would have happened, but...the field position given up was key as well. May not have mattered with how the defense was playing but who knows.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

I had no prob with the playcall, romo just threw it behind the reciever. Its what he does in crunch time. Choke!

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone care to explain how the hit on the punter was not illegal?

I just don't understand the hypocrisy of these new age fufu calls in the NFL.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Its rediculous, the new rules just give the refs the liberty to fix a game no questions asked. The game is corrupt no doubt. I watched philly and detroit last week during the snowstorm, a detroit defender hit Foles textbook by every rule in the book and still got called for roughing and changed the momentum of the game.I mean its all up to a DA refs judgement.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's unfreaking believable how clutch Jacoby Jones has been for Baltimore.

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

When you write fix, you mean every game is predetermined by the refs because they're on the take?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

JUSTIN.TUCKER.

[​IMG]

Thanks Kubiak, Smith, and Marciano!

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Um....wow.

14. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Fat randy wishes he could do that

15. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Wow what a clutch. So clutch

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Justin Tucker goes undrafted. We draft the fatty

fml

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Bullock was drafted before Tucker? Wait, Tucker wasn't even drafted....smh.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

F-ck Kubiak. Useless Aggies.