1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Week 11

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by plutoblue11, Nov 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

The Cowboy's needed that win...Romo is the real deal and unfortunately, they can't win w/o him...A lot of great plays and actually was a pretty good game...

As for the others, I can't believe the TItans are still un-defeated...

The Steelers won when it mattered and what about that tie? Really?

The Giants looked great...f'n giants...

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How stupid is Donovan McNabb?

He doesn't know an NFL game can end in a tie, then goes on to wonder what happens in the Playoffs or Super Bowl if it happens?

He was in the league in 2002 when The Falcons and Steelers played a tie game, and when the Rams-Panthers Playoff game had to go to a 2nd overtime before Steve Smith caught the game winning TD.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I thought the exact same thing when I heard that quote. I've known ties were possible since I was probably 6 or 7 years old. I guess McNabb is one of those guys that is a fan of playing the game but not really watching the game.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:D We've been talking about this all day at work... er, and working too, of course... but we're expecting to see some loljockz and Demotivational Posters to Dono-education McNabb :D Shall we get it started, gentlemen?

EDIT: ALREADY DONE! :D
    [​IMG]

VIDEO for QUOTE material

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah, he'll probably regret making that statement but it's not as bad as made out to be.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

epic lulz.

I mean seriously, how many times has Donovan been smacked in the head by blitzing linebackers?

too many.

7. SwoLy-D

Really. REALLY? I mean, REALLY?

You think it's "not as bad as made out to be" to actually say you don't know the rules of the game you're playing... and for 5+ years?!?!?! I mean, I'd let a rookie get away with this... but... Donovan McNabb... a veteran? C'mon! :eek: Seriously, dude?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Pun, theres no excuse for not knowing a simple NFL rule like that when you've been in the league for a decade.

Donovan gets a big epic fail for this.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Actually that is a good question. But I assume they would go into double overtime.

I knew a tie was possible considering my favorite team the Falcons tied the Steelers a few years back.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Ties aren't possible in the playoffs. The game continues until a team scores. One of the main reasons I've always thought the timer was pointless, other than allowing people to know how long overtime went.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

if you would have read the rest of my post, I cited precedent.

:p

12. Lil Pun

Like I said, he'll regret it but it's not epic. Epic would be him running 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, passing 20 yards up field for a gain/TD then in the post-game interview saying he didn't know that would be an illegal forward pass.

I mean he should know that ties are possible but you have websites going around proclaiming that "a very rare feat" happened in the NFL yesterday but lambasting him for not knowing. Kind of ironic. Yeah, he failed yesterday (on the field and off) but it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. Something to laugh at, nothing really more.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

2003 Season Divisional playoffs

* Saturday January 10, 2004
    o 2.1.1 NFC: Carolina Panthers 29, St. Louis Rams 23 (2OT)
    o 2.1.2 AFC: New England Patriots 17, Tennessee Titans 14
    * Sunday January 11, 2004
    o 2.2.1 AFC: Indianapolis Colts 38, Kansas City Chiefs 31
    o 2.2.2 NFC: Philadelphia Eagles 20, Green Bay Packers 17 (OT)

You'd think maybe Donovan would have been watching that game with some sort of interest to see which team they'd be facing in the NFC title game.

14. SwoLy-D

"I didn't know why there was another number in the standings when they wrote 0-0-0 at the beginning of the season... :( " - deleted scenes :D

15. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Is the madden curse officially over?

16. SwoLy-D

Uh, being on there with a different uniform is only HALF the story. :) Wait until the season is over.

17. Lil Pun

I wish the NFL would change the stupid rule anyway. Ties, though not common now, were very common up until the 1980s. In fact, there was at least 1 tie in every season during the 1980s except 1985. CHANGE THE RULE!

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

While you're at it, change the whole structure of overtime.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I thought VY broke it, last year. Even though, he didn't play very well and was injured for a few games...his team made the playoffs.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I hate to be too literal but wouldn't one of the requirements of a "forward pass" be that the ball moves forward at some point? Aside from the original throw from Rivers show me the forward pass.