1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL Playoffs] Who you got?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DCkid, Jan 8, 2010.

?

Who will win the Super Bowl?

1. Saints

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Colts

17 vote(s)
    16.8%
  3. Cowboys

9 vote(s)
    8.9%
  4. Chargers

35 vote(s)
    34.7%
  5. Packers

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Vikings

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  7. Patriots

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. Ravens

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Eagles

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. Other - Cardinals, Bengals, or Jets

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[NFL Playoffs] Who will win the Superbowl?

Thought I'd start a thread for NFL Playoff predictions, so those who get it right can boast about it later. If you don't want to bother with the early games, just post your Superbowl prediction.

Wildcard Weekend
    Jets @ Bengals – Jets (Counting on Jets Defense)
    Eagles @ Cowboys – Cowboys (Been playing too good lately…Romo is peaking at the right time)
    Ravens @ Patriots – Patriots (very close game, but at New England)
    Packers @ Cardinals – Packers (this could be a slaughter)

Divisional Games
    Jets @ Colts – Jets (I know…crazy…feel like the colts luck may run out. Plus I just think it would be a bad matchup…jets are the best running team in the league and colts run d is not very good)
    Cowboys @ Vikings – Cowboys (Cowboys peaking/Vikings declining)
    Patriots @ Chargers – Chargers (think this one would be pretty easy, especially without Welker and in San Diego)
    Packers @ Saints – Packers (have a feeling Rogers would have a much easier time picking apart the Saints defense than Brees would have picking apart the Packers D)

Conference Championship
    Jets @ Chargers – Chargers (easy one)
    Packers @ Cowboys – Packers (once again Rogers going up against a mediocre passing defense)

Superbowl
    Chargers vs. Packers – Packers (Chargers just don’t have much of a running game at all, which would allow GB to focus on the pass…overall, I think the Packers are the most balanced team in the league when you look at rushing and passing on both sides, hence why I'm picking them to go all the way)

Now that I made this prediction, I fully expect the Cardinals to beat the Packers this weekend.

#1 DCkid, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Superbowl
    Chargers vs. Saints - Chargers

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

there is already a thread about this. too lazy to bump or link it

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Jets over Colts in the 2nd round? Um no, they might lose but not to the Jets who won't make it out of wildcard weekend.

5. Nero

Nero Member

While I would love to see the Cowboys host the NFC Championship Game, I doubt the Pack gets past New Orleans. But it would be fun.

And there are only 2 teams in the AFC - Indy and San Diego, and I am guessing the Chargers feed Indy a heaping helping of karma yet again.Chargers and Cowboys in the Super Bowl, what a matchup.

Just getting the feeling that this is Dallas' year.

And then they get to spend all next year as 'Defending Super Bowl Champions' as the following SB will be played in Dallas, so that's all anyone will be talking about - 'Will Dallas Repeat, to be the 'home team' in the SB ?

Talk about pressure...

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I predicted the Wild Card winners in the other thread, so no reason to do it again.

Super Bowl

Cardinals vs. Chargers

Cards win it all. Remember this is the same team that played good enough to win last year and ran into bad luck with the Harrison return, and then a great play by Holmes.

7. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Did the colts run the ball when they won the SB in 2006?

Why would we run the ball when Rivers, Gates and Jackson are playing like Jesus, Optimus Prime and Chuck Norris? Who's going to stop them?

No safety except Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu can match up with Gates. Jackson had 13 receptions for 159 yards and 2 tds against arguably the best corner in the game in Nmandi. I'm not even going to bother explaining what Rivers has done.

Plus when we are dedicated to the run, we run very well. LT ate the Eagles Defense (number 3 against the run when we played them) and Our backs ran for 203 yards on that Denver defense (when they were good).

I'm not saying we are invincible but right now, our offense looks like it.

Chargers over Packers in the SB.

8. RocketMania1991

Vikings and Chargers in the Superbowl.

Vikings win.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Chargers v Eagles

SB Champs - Chargers

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

cowboys win superbowl to tie steelers for most ever.

and then steelers and cowboys in superbowl next year again for history.

and then the world ends in 2012 who will have the most superbowl wins ever tune in.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup..

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Agree with most everything you said...however, the only thing you're not mentioning is the Packers passing offense is pretty much equally dangerous. If you want to give the Chargers a slight edge then fine, but I'd like to see you try to make an argument that the Chargers have a superior passing attack to Green Bay. There's also a few other things:

1.) The Packers have been able to run the ball more consistently.
    2.) The Packers have a better defense.
    3.) Packers take away difference is +22, which dominates the NFL.

I'm picking the Packers more because of their strengths than any weakness the Chargers have. They're just an extremely well-rounded and solid football team and have been on a tear the last half of the season. I'm amazed they're not getting more respect. Their biggest problem is their O-Line gives up way too many sacks, so getting to Rogers is key for any team playing them.

BTW, I'm not being obnoxious in these predictions at all. I don't give a damn who wins the Superbowl. Came up with these predictions after pouring over the stats and comparing all the matchups.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
    Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
    Hit 'Em High.
    And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I got the Chawgas and the Purple Men

16. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Yep Yep Yep

17. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I want the Eagles to win. (lesser evil... least?)

I'm worried that the Cowboys or Vikes will win it. If either team wins, I'm blocking espn next year.

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Go Chargers!!!

They've let us down so many times though so it won't surprise me at all to see someone else win it. To be honest, I think this might be the most wide-open NFL playoffs on paper in a long time.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Completely agree with this ... and as long as Norv doesn't turn into Marty Shottenheimer and decide to play Martyball because its the playoffs, this offense should stomp all over any defense it faces. The thing I am worried about is fumbles and not being able to stop the run defensively if they fall behind late in a game.

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Man, the Packers certainly are on fire right now, but I just can't forget how horrible their offensive line seemed to be at times early in the year. I wonder if that will be a problem in the playoffs.