1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Feb 4, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

Does anybody remember the weekly Inside the NFL on HBO back in the day?

VooDooPope and raining threes like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Haskins girlfriend thew his PlayStation. That's a line you cannot cross.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

6. i3artow i3aller

7. raining threes

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

The #Chargers have agreed to terms on a five-year, $262.5 million contract extension with QB Justin Herbert.

With his 5-year, $262.5 million extension, #Chargers star Justin Herbert becomes the latest QB to join the $50M per year club, along with Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson and Jalen Hurts. All eyes now on the #Bengals and Joe Burrow.

9. Buck Turgidson

Tell us how you really feel, Sean. You do not typically see coaches drop a soupbone on their peers like this:

“It doesn’t happen often where an NFL team or organization gets embarrassed,” Payton said. “And that happened here. Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much (expletive) time trying to win the offseason – the PR, the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.

“We’re not doing any of that. The Jets did that this year. You watch. 'Hard Knocks,' all of it. I can see it coming. Remember when (former Washington owner) Dan Snyder put that Dream Team together? I was at the Giants (in 2000). I was a young coach. I thought, ‘How are we going to compete with them? Deion’s (Sanders) there now.’ That team won eight games or whatever. So, listen…just put the work in.”
    “Oh, man,” Payton began. “There’s so much dirt around that. There’s 20 dirty hands, for what was allowed, tolerated in the fricking training rooms, the meeting rooms. The offense. I don’t know Hackett. A lot of people had dirt on their hands. It wasn’t just Russell. He didn’t just flip. He still has it. This B.S. that he hit a wall? Shoot, they couldn’t get a play in. They were 29th in the league in pre-snap penalties on both sides of the ball.”

“That wasn’t his fault,” Payton said of Wilson. “That was the parents who allowed it. That’s not an incrimination on him, but an incrimination on the head coach, the GM, the president and everybody else who watched it all happen.

“Now, a quarterback having an office and a place to watch film is normal. But all those things get magnified when you’re losing. And that other stuff, I’ve never heard of it. We’re not doing that.”
    “Everything I heard about last season, we’re doing the opposite,” Payton said.
    “That was a message,” Payton said. “They can only beat the (expletive) out of you so much. But everybody’s got a little stink on their hands. It’s not just Russell. It was a (poor) offensive line. It might have been one of the worst coaching jobs in the history of the NFL. That’s how bad it was.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...l-wilson-blame-nathaniel-hackett/70470187007/

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

@TomPelissero·1m
    #Dolphins star CB Jalen Ramsey is expected to miss at least six to eight weeks because of a meniscus injury that will require surgery, per source. Doctors will determine whether to remove the meniscus or repair it, which would be a much longer recovery.

@diannaESPN·1m
    Bengals sources have confirmed what HC Zac Taylor shared after practice. QB Joe Burrow has a strained calf.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Major change: The NFL has modified the personal conduct policy, granting them the ability (if they choose) to investigate and take disciplinary actions against incoming draft prospects for incidents that may have occurred before a player enters the league. Incidents such as Joe Mixon's case or the recent incident with Jalen Carter would now fall under this category.

12. Buck Turgidson

Good.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Buck Turgidson

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

pretty insane you can do what he did and get basically no punishment, 3 years is a joke

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 21m The #Patriots are expected to sign former #Cowboys star RB Ezekiel Elliott to a 1-year deal worth up to $6M, per me and @TomPelissero

19. kaw1988

kaw1988 Member

There ain’t no way, right?
    [​IMG]

20. i3artow i3aller

#1380 i3artow i3aller, Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    J.R. likes this.