1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL O-Line Draft Prospect Had Sex with Biological Sister

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by countingcrow, Mar 11, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There are psychological ramifications involved with having sex. Two children who happen to be siblings having sex is going to have some major consequences down the road. I do not condemn them for their actions, but I do feel for them.

I agree with LSD completely on the societal issues though. Society has no right to condemn this man with the proverbial pederast scarlet letter for the indiscretions of his youth, (assuming the act was indeed consensual).

Georgia has the most archaic laws on sex. It makes me sick to my stomach all the lives ruined down there. Like the high school football player who was put away in prison because some drunk slut performed oral sex on him on camera.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I want to know if the sister received the same punishment as the brother, you can almost guarantee she didn't. The double standard in the justice system is just pathetic. One is 15, one is 16, the sex was consensual, and this guy gets the record and has to register a sex offender for the rest of his life.

I definitely don't agree with what they did but the punishment should fit the crime for both parties involved.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you don't think there is anything wrong with brother/sister, father/daughter, mother/son sex? Or are you talking more about what the guy is being labeled as?

I think most here agree, that the law/punishment does seem to be unfair if in fact it was consensual. He certainly shouldnt be labeled a "sex offender".

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Where's Brian Chapman, I'm sure he can give us some insight on how incest works.

5. tmoney1101

Zing.

6. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Is she hot?

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Devil's advocate, you might argue there are two victims here.

As mentioned though, this is the real issue; the double standard in determining who is culpable for or what constitutes a sexual crime. Labeling someone who committed any crime near or involving sex acts a "sex offender" is a dangerous blurring of the lines. Sex Offender should be a legal term reserved for child molesters, rapists, flashers, et al., (ie. the guys we should send to prison, put on a list, tag around the neck and NEVER let off.) Sex Offender as a legal status shouldn't cover middle ground crimes involving sexual activities like statutory rape, nonviolent sexual crimes committed by uninformed or immature minors, or anything without a true victim. There could be some lesser class for 'rehabilitative' sexual offenders where they receive minimal punitive sentencing, and access to close surveillance and therapy resources without the stigma of sex offender scarlet lettering.

If you want to use the dirty word to describe someone's legal status, you are simply saying to me they are not fit to interact in decent society. The idea is that it is extremely important for the health of our society to sift through the sand and pick out the Philip Garrido's and Anthony Sowell's from the Tony Washington's, keep the former locked up forever in the most unsettling of fashions.

(Sidenote, I would only support Capital Punishment if there is no doubt of the guilt of the offender, only in extreme cases with the worst of the worst, and after say 20 waiting period to allow all legal avenues and evidence to be thoroughly explored. Judging pre-trial, I would say Garrido and Sowell are both candidates for this.)

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think the question is, can an individual (you, me, finalsboud, others in this thread) think it is wrong on an individual basis in that we have no desire to do it and would be disappointed and certainly a little (honestly, a lot) disgusted if someone we knew did it...

while at the same time also thinking that it shouldn't be wrong as it seems to be on a more general, universal basis, if the case in question is entirely consensual and nobody is wronged??

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3iEOO9p6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3iEOO9p6Ok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

enough with the seriousness...i guess he was a proponent of the slogan, "closer the kin, the further it goes in"

11. AkeemTheDreem86

Advice is nice, incest is best.

12. Crudder

Crudder Member

Not sure if it has been addressed or not because I didn't read through all three pages. But in many states, consent has nothing to do with it. By Law, two minors are unable to give consent - only their parents can. Therefore, even if they have consensual sex, it really isn't consensual since they don't have the power to give it (again, by law). Therefore, both are committing a crime.

13. AkeemTheDreem86

[​IMG]

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I can see the Titans drafting him.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If he had a good 40 time, the Raiders would also be interested.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I have a good friend who is a registered sex offender based upon consensual sex he had with a minor when he was 19 and she was 16. They have been happily married for over twenty years.

They would laugh about his offender status if it was not such an albatross requiring a lot of explanation when neighbors or employers come across his name in their searches.

That said, it seems like there is more backstory to this athletes relationship with his sister than we are getting in this article. There would not be an offender status rendered without some preciptiating incident leading to a legal proceeding.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

So you have no issue with humans who commit fellatio on consenting horses?

18. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What about consenting park benches.

19. tmoney1101

[​IMG]

Sadly, the horse couldn't bear the shame of what happened to him and end it all shortly after...

[​IMG]

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

What are you, sick? Park benches are located in parks, which are publicly owned and frequented by kids.

Horses are normally locked away in stables on private property.

I guess our founding fathers didn't account for lack of common sense when they wrote the constitution.