1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL Network] Andre Johnson signs contract extension with the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Mar 3, 2007.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

who else is available?

are we stuck using a high draft pick on a WR now?

or will Walter be our 2?? i'm not thrilled with that prospect, frankly.

2. notafaker1997

notafaker1997 Member

Why would he sign an extention when his team hasn't done anything to improve thier offesive ever. Test that man for drugs.

3. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Because he just became one of the highest paid WR in the NFL. He also knew there was little chance of him leaving in a two years due to the franchise tag.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As much as I love 'Dre and the way he's conducted himself ever since he was drafted, I can't help but to feel sorry for the guy. He has the tools to be one of the greats but if he can't ever get good consistent throws to him every week.... :(

5. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

Aww crap he signed with the 49ers, now who are we going to get? :( :confused:

6. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

because he knows that carr is on the brink of being gone :)

7. notafaker1997

notafaker1997 Member

DOnt talk to bad about Carr he was able to get him the ball 100+ times this year. No matter who they bring in here they need to do somthing about the offesive line. We need a left tackle bad. Also if we were to make a trade for Plummer he would regret the decision he sign back with the Texans when his QB is throwing the ball to the wrong team.

8. bchapman101

bchapman101 Contributing Member

hey fellas, I didnt want to bother with a new thread, but why didnt the texans cut Wong or D.Williams? Dont we need that cap space badly? Wasnt it expected that would happen? Is there a deadline for cuts?

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Kelley Washington's available. Lets bring some of this in:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMuvjLcuvTI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMuvjLcuvTI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

LMAO. I remember Boo Williams (TE for the Saints) use to do the same dance. I give it a 9 :cool:

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Good to see us lock up AJ, hopefully the Texans can put the proper pieces around him. Look at what he's done w/ what I consider one of the worst passing games (if not the worst).

12. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is a great thing to happen...Now all we need is a QB to get him the damn ball...

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Did he throw the ball to himself last season in order to get to the Pro Bowl? :confused: :p

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd personally love it, suspension regardless, but he's leaving the 49ers to go to a QB that can deliver him the ball as much as he's leaving for cash. He was pretty frustrated with Smith last year and sees himself as a dominate #1 receiver. Carr and Johnson would make it unlikely he'd sign with us.

Evan