1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Free Agency

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Feb 27, 2009.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

chiefs= patriots v2.0

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think the Redskins need a good possession receiver to go with Santana.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ahhh, I was wrong. I figured the Niners would be the team that traded for Cassel. I guess you have to like this move if you're a Chiefs fan. Tyler Thigpen looked alright (and was a decent fantasy QB), but Cassel is better. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft but you already know Cassel is a good starting QB.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

The 49ers are negotiating with Kurt Warner.

5. Asian Sensation

D-bowe's stock just went up.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Good deal for Kansas City. The Texans gave two 2nd rounders + a swap of 1st round picks to land Matt Schaub. They have no idea how to negotiate.

7. baller4life315

I saw that too. I have a hard time believing Arizona will really conclude they are better off with Matt fricken Leinart. You would think they'll break down and just pay the guy.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Kansas City is trying their little hearts out.

I would not be shocked to see them make some noise in that severely weakened AFC West this year.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Not a chance in hell Haynesworth is a Redskin by 2013 unless he restructures...

ESPN.com reports Washington Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth's contract includes a "poison pill" in the fifth year that effectively makes his deal with the team a four-year, $48 million contract. Haynesworth would be owed a lump sum of $29 million in salary and bonuses in 2013. It is unlikely the team would pay the full commitment of $100 million over seven years unless the contract is re-negotiated.

Also, There were reports the Bucs were trying to trade for Matt Cassel, and then ship him to Denver for Jay Cutler.

Jon Kitna traded to the Cowboys for CB Anthony Henry...

10. baller4life315

Jay Cutler a tool bag?

GET OVER YOURSELF. YOU'RE NOT THAT GOOD!!

11. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

The Chiefs and Patriots deal had nothing to do with negotiations. The Bucs and Broncos had better offers on the table for Cassel (according to Reports).
    Tampa offered a first and a third
    Broncos offered the 12th pick in the draft
    Instead they gave Cassel and Vabrel to the Chiefs and Scott Pioli for a second round pick as a gesture of gratitude for his work in the Patriot organization.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Looks like the Eagles are out of the running for Housh.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

They trade Lito

Don't sign Dawkins back.

What exactly are the Eagles doing? Upgrading from the draft?

14. Lil Pun

Lito was not a major factor last year anyway. He was relegated to nickel and dime packages and I don't believe he even started a game.

Dawkins leaving was a little bit puzzling but the Eagles were trying to work a 2 year contract while the Broncos offered a 5 year and more guaranteed money. It's not really surprising considering this is the way the Eagles do business. They didn't make concessions with Trotter, Douglas, Vincent, etc. so I guess it should surprise us they didn't do it for Dawkins although Dawkins appears to mean much more to the Eagles and their fan base than those guys.

I'm not sure what the Eagles are doing. Maybe making a play for Boldin but that's a big maybe. They did sign Stacy Andrews and he should form a nice tandem with his brother on the right side of the offensive line. They still need help on the offensive line, a big running back, and now a free safety. I guess we'll see what happens.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah Lito isn't a big loss since you guys still have Samuels and Brown.

I don't blame the Eagles on not signing Dawkins if he wanted a 5 year deal. The man is 35 years old, I'm shocked the Broncos gave him 5 years.

I did think the Eagles with go after Housh though. Hopefully they get Boldin. I want to see McNabb with a go to receiver like the one year he had T.O. Boldin and Jackson would be a nice combo.

16. Lil Pun

I highly doubt Dawkins finishes the contract but what I read was the Eagles were offering around $3-4 million guaranteed while the Broncos nearly doubled that. You really can't blame him for taking a few extra million.

17. Lil Pun

Jason Taylor was released today so he is now available.

18. Lil Pun

Looks like Housh is going to Seattle.

19. baller4life315

Fantasy football players would be wise to make a note of this!

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Derrick Ward to the Bucs.