1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Conference Championship

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jan 12, 2004.

?

Pick your winners...

Poll closed Jan 26, 2004.
  1. New England Patriots

27 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Indianapolis Colts

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  3. Philadelphia Eagles

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  4. Carolina Panthers

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

Make two picks for the superbowl...

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Since you can vote for any two you want, I picked the Eagles and the Panthers to play in the Superbowl. :D

3. tozai

tozai Member

Colts and Patriots...I know...

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Philly vs. New England, just like I predicted when these threads started popping up a couple of weeks ago.

5. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I've been saying New England all the way, but Indy is scaring me. They are red hot....

The NFC has very little hope this year.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Dan Patrick just said, "The Colts just scored again." Too funny.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I honestly hope that Carolina doesnt make it. I don't have anything agaisnt them or anything. But still, who honestly wants to see Jake Delhomme in the Super Bowl. I'd like to see The Colts in it. They got some big time stars in Manning, Edge and Harrison. The Panthers have Jake Delhomme.

I can live with the Eagles, and Pats. or Eagles and Colts.

8. Major

Major Member

Interseting that right now, there are 17 votes for AFC teams and 14 for NFC teams.

9. drapg

drapg Member

Carolina vs. New England.

You heard it here first.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Colts vs Eagles.

Colts win the super bowl.

Manning is in the zone, The Patriots D cannot stop a great QB playing out of his mind.

I really like Carolina but I think Stephen Davis' injury will hurt them badly and the Eagles will creep into the Big dance only to be stomped by EJ's 200 yard rushing game.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

That is what I am thinking. I had picked NE versus the Rams, so why not go with the team that beat them. A big factor is injuries. If Vincent is back and Davis not, I like the Eagles, visa versa, I like the Panthers. If both or neither are back--I really could see it going both ways. Without Vincent I don't see how the Eagles can get away with manning up with Smith and Muhammad, but if Carolina is only running OK the Eagles safeties can focus on pass defense and they are a tough ball hawking crew. To me the entire key to the game is whether Carolina can force the Eagles safeties to play run defense first. I absolutely do not see the Eagles putting up big numbers versus Carolina's defense, because their line should be able to contain McNabb.

But honestly no NFC team deserves to be on the same field with the Pats, Colts or Titans--any of whom would have cruised through the other conference.

The Colts are still playing great but I like the Pats. The Pats defense is the smartest in the league and you know Brady and his guys know how to play in the cold. Almost invariable the great QB loses to the superior team deep in the playoffs, this was true of Elway, Marino, Fouts and Farve in their prime (I never remember a case where Joe Montana had the inferior supporting cast so that throws him out)--that is what I expect here.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I picked the Eagles and Pats but I would love to see the Colts in it, although it is not the end of the world if the Pats make it.

Obviously, New England has a better defense than KC and my beloved Broncos, but that may not be enough as Manning is having an incredible run right now in these playoffs.

Either way, I will be shocked if the NFC team beats either New England or Indy.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I went with Carolina and Indy. I guess I'm the only one. I'm taking a bit of a gamble.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Ahhh, the beauty of underdogs. That's why I hope Carolina beats Philly.(That and because Philly is crap, when it comes to fans.)

Carolina(Hopefully) vs.Indianapolis

15. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Painters vs. Ponies in the Super Bowl, with the Ponies earning a 34-24 win.

16. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I would like to see the Panthers in it, but I think Philly will win. The Colts are going to represent the AFC though. That's not even contingent on anything.