1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Bills sign longterm lease to stay in Buffalo

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by emjohn, Dec 21, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Will update with links soon.

Bills sign nominal 10 yr lease with $400M exit penalty.

There is a one time window to leave without penalty after year 7.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Good news, screw LA. Big fan of snow games but the comeback still haunts me to this day.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So its down to the Chargers, Raiders, and Rams now...

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

How were those three the prospective candidates? What happened to the Jaguars?

Good for Buffalo, it always seems like a great crowd to play in front of.

5. emjohn

Shoot. Forgot to update with links when I had a computer handy. Main article on Espn

All 3 have previous LA ties and unsettled lease deals.

ags new owner has declared that he is keeping the team put, they have a fairly ironclad lease, and they will play a home game in London for the next several years, hurting LA value.

6. emjohn

Shoot. Forgot to update with links when I had a computer handy. Main article on Espn

All 3 have previous LA ties and unsettled lease deals.

Jags new owner has declared that he is keeping the team put, they have a fairly ironclad lease, and they will play a home game in London for the next several years, hurting LA value.

Also of note, no team is filing to move next year., and the LA stadium deal specifies that a tenant must be established before construction begins.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

dumb, I know buffalo has dedicated fans but the bills should move to toronto permanently. The NFL can make a lot of $$$ with a franchise in Toronto, especially over Buffalo.

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I always figured that would be their ultimate fate, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time real soon.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

More Canadians care about hockey than football. What little that care about football and are located in or around Toronto will go to Buffalo for a game. On top of that, the NFL makes enough money as it is.

Buffalo has a very passionate fan base, and is an excellent place to see a game. A new stadium would be cool though.

Love to see a small market with some history maintain its team.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

From what I've seen, this really isn't true. Large market, small fanbase. And what little football fanbase there is has already been soaked up by the Argos.

The NFL sees the 5th largest media market in North America and wets itself, but the truth is, that fruit isn't ripe yet, and needs probably another 20-30 years to sweeten up.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm still wondering how you lose 4 straight superbowls..

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Playing three of the four best coaches in history (Parcells, Belichick and Gibbs) and one of the deepest rosters twice didn't help. As good as the NFC East was, I'm surprised Ryan's Eagles never got to a Super Bowl. The Bills were a fascinatingly deep team but it seemed like they each had the inferiority complexes of second team Pro-Bowlers. The Oilers were almost as deep but Pardee screwed up the roster; they probably could have mixed in some flexbone and power-I with all those running backs.