1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Andre Johnson signs with the Colts

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well they did better with them but still sucked.

2. Major

Major Member

You didn't say a good player makes a team better. You said it makes them good.

Watt did well. Texans went 2-14. Your statement is simply false.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your statement is simply false. I said "when a player does well, their team does well..fantasy points don't exist in a vacuum, they help win games for the Colts"

Besides player and team, none of the words or meanings are the same. It is obvious I meant a every reception and TD Dre gets counts for the Colts. So rooting for Dre is rooting for the Colts.

I mean your implication that I said one good player makes a team "good" isn't even a stretch or out of context. It is a beyond r****ded.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Andre Johnson can eat a dick now that he's on the Colts. How is this even a debate? He goes to nearly any other team not in Tennessee or Texas and good for him, hope he does well. He goes to a division rival, I couldn't care less how good he does as long as his team sucks. And there's a better chance of his team sucking if he does, heretofore, I hope he sucks.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This.

I pull for my team, not individual players. Hakeem and Earl were probably the only exceptions to this rule.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But AJ was one of my favorite players and I do hope he does well in any game so long as it doesn't hurt the texans. I understand the "but it's in the same division" angle, but at the end of the day, if the texans play well enough then they will make the playoffs and have a shot at the superbowl. AJ playing well and the texans winning are not mutually exclusive. Honestly, i think the whole hate/ill wishing because he's in a different color jersey is kind of childish. You can respect a player on a different team without making them eat penis...not that there is anything wrong with that

I like the guy, I hope he has a couple more years of 1000 yard seasons so that he can lock in a HoF bid and be the first person to represent the texans there.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

FWIW, for many posters, especially younger ones, Andre might be their Earl.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Isn't that like, the whole point of sports? Of course, sports is kinda childish.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even Children learn early on in Sports that being a sore loser isn't a good thing

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only "losers" are those who follow single players from team to team, especially washed up players. Those are your real losers.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sports is a game, but I wouldn't say it's necessarily childish. Sure in the scheme of things it's merely entertainment and of no real value other than entertaining the mob...but I don't think that makes it childish. Even if so, one can enjoy childish things without being a child.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If the point of sports were to hate/wish-ill on others it sure would explain a few things.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We watch grown men throw a ball around while tackling those who are wearing different colors than you if they have said ball. I fail to see how not wanting a guy to do well who is not on the team you support, or even hoping he fails so his team doesn't do better than the team you support, is even childish given the context. Good on whoever wants to root for AJ. I will continue to root for the Texans exclusively and hope he and his team do not do well. Weird that it's considered childish or being a sore loser (WTF?) given the context. It's sports.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, I think y'all are taking words and terms like "hate" and "wish-ill". If it's wishing-ill to hope someone not on the team you support doesn't do well, there's not a sports fan on this BBS who is not childish. I sure as hell don't actually literally hate any of these people as I don't personally know them.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Somehow missed this gem of a post. How in the world is my not wanting the division rivals of my hometown team, and by extension their players, no matter who they played for in the past, make me a sore loser?

1 person likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good point, but I can tell you that I never pulled for the saints to do well with Earl (and Bum!). I still pulled for the Oilers, first and foremost. Even if they played the saints.

I have a buddy who started out as a Cavs fan, then changed to a Heat fan, and now he's a Cavs fan again. He lives in Houston and has never even been to Cleveland or Miami. That's the kind of silliness that I'll just never understand.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

How about you root for your team and wish the guy who gave it his all for this team to do well as well.

They cut AJ. With fans like you athletes should never show any loyalty. They should go make as much money as they can.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To be fair, it was AJ's "making as much as he can", but no longer producing at that level, that led to him being cut.

1 person likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think the fact that there are still Titans fans in Houston... who will never set foot in Tennessee... is just as silly.

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Again, why would I do that when it would negatively affect the team I have always rooted for (well, at least since 2002)? I paid money to watch the team that in some small part went to pay his salary. Why do I owe it to him to change how I root for my team because he gave his all for this team while he was here? And where do you draw the line? There are hundreds of Texans who have given it all during the time they were here. Is it only possible HOF-worthy players who deserve this? Why do less talented players, yet just as hard-working as AJ, not deserve me putting their future successes with a teams I have no connection to above my hometown team without being called pathetic or a sore loser?

Actually, with fans like you they should never show any loyalty. Why would they when they know the fans will follow them anywhere? Do you think AJ's really thinking to himself "man, if only those Houston fans would root for me here now instead of wishing my team would lose, maybe then I would've shown some loyalty to the Texans"?

I'm not like other posters and don't care if people enjoy rooting for players over teams. I chose my current rooting interest in the NFL by the geographical area in which I was born. You don't. Big deal. It's just hard to take people seriously as a Texans fan if they're going to root for their division rival to do well.