1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL 2015 Draft

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Apr 30, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The pick is in... oh wait no it's not.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow, Dallas passes on Coleman and takes Gregory.

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

good pick by the cowboys

4. NewRoxFan

Like the Jags pick.

5. NewRoxFan

Whoa, Colts draft a defensive player

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's not nonsense.
    Being "routinely given" chances to start means things have come a long way in some ways but the crap that was said about Cam leading up to the draft, Bridgewater leading up to the draft last year, and now Jameis, if one can't read the tea leaves on that then all one can assume is that some choose to leave their head in the sand when it comes to certain things like this.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The evidence against him was not any more marginal than your standard rape case. It's extremely difficult to prove you didn't consent to sex. There is also a second accuser who was assaulted in 2013. I don't know if she has come forward yet. She sought counseling specifically for her encounter with her. Regardless--do you think black women conspire against black athletes to screw up their draft stock? Winston was not affected in the least. Winston is a douche. I don't give a damn that he's a black douche. His response to the sexual assault lawsuit was to claim he's in the same position as an actual rape victim. This guy is an insensitive prick. I hope he fails and ends up in Warren Sapp poverty.

#87 bobloblaw, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I didn't see your message earlier. The assessments can only be proven wrong by on-field performance. Cam Newton has still not reached the top tier of NFL QBs. It's not that black QBs have been denied the opportunity. Winston is not Bridgewater. I'd buy your argument for Bridgewater but Winston was drafted first despite extreme red flags. I can't think of a white QB comparison...

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Amari looks real happy to be a Raider

[​IMG]

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Deadspin would love for you to believe that :rolleyes: Cooper isn't a wide-eyed rookie, he's got the all-business mentality of a 10 year vet.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bryce Petty is going a great pick for the Jets, Geno Smith better improve soon

12. awc713

awc713 Member

Not the biggest college football fan or draft expert, but does anyone have an idea if and when Shane Carden (QB - Eastern Carolina) might get drafted?

Houston-product, went to Episcopal H.S. so I'm curious

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Love what the Raiders have done - Ninja Assassin replacement and weapons for Carr. Think they along with Jags have had excellent drafts.

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The meter for Newton isn't reaching the "top tier" of NFL QB's(basically elite am i wrong?) He just needs to be one of the legitimately good starting QB's in the league(Which he has shown he is) and be better than the QB's some rated better than him going into the draft.(Which he has shown). The on field performance has been proven in Cam's part and Teddy (short sample size) is doing the same.
    White QB comparison(not drafted #1 but was in a similar Mariota-Winston #1 pre-draft battle courtesy of analysts and such) Ryan Leaf.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Other than the Cooper and Walford picks, I think they reached on Edwards and haven't found any good values later. They did trade down and pick up some extra late rounders so maybe they find one guy who can play.

16. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

The compensatory picks always seems weird. They pretty much added 8 rounds worth of picks into 7 rounds. This must be good for the additional players to at least get drafted in last round. Assuming they get a bonus for it and a spot in training camp.

17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Not sure if serious

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

the second girl wasnt raped... she claimed it was just rough sex... and for jameis to be mentioned in the same class as warren sapp as a football player i'll take it

20. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member