1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next year.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rockets R' Us, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

wrong forum.

------------------
    Note: It was my cowhead. I started the cowhead craze, and my cowhead inspired Mooch to step up and bring us a victory. Thank you for your time. :D

2. rocketsfan

rocketsfan Member

After loosing last night to the Clippers the hopes of making the playoffs seems dim. With two first round picks in the up-coming draft and some expendable players (Cato,Shannon,Walt,Collier,Langhi,KT), should the Rockets look to make a trade for some immediate (impact) help up front if they can't sign C-Web and try and make the playoffs next year with the intentions of going deep into the playoffs rather than just settling for getting in.

Hakeem wants to come back to Houston and finish his career here. If the Rockets can show him that they put a great balanced team together I'm sure he would sign for less than what he could get out in the open market.

What do you guys think?

------------------
    take it one day at a time

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Rockets likey line-up next year:

PG -- Steve Francis
    SG -- Cuttino Mobley
    C -- Ken Johnson(1 pick)
    SF -- Terrence Morris(2 pick)
    PF -- Chris Webber(free-agent)

Bench:
    Moochie Norris PG
    Dan Langhi SF/SG
    Kenny Thomas PF
    Jason Collier C
    2nd rd Pick

------------------

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Likely? Oh Lord, I pray that's possible.

We would be right up there with the west's elite!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

5. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Oh man, Rocketbooster I'm drooling!!!!

Man, don't do that dude. What an awsome team. My imagination is going wild right now, and it's not about girls. Well now it is, but initially it was about that Rocket team!!!!

Wow wow wow!!!

I was reading on nbadraftreport that Ken Johnson would be the concensus number one pick if he had half of what is a decent offensive game. But with Webber, Francis, and Mobley who is going to need more offense?

And then Terrence Morris is an explosive player. But he is also a very solid defender. Plus his height 6'10" will cause match up problems for SF's.

That would be awsome.

Well, with Webber, he'd be the MVP of the league with Houston.

SWEEEET!!!

------------------

6. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Continuing this thread. I forgot to mention my backups.

the point guard should be Moochie Norris
    The backup shooting guard should be Langhi. I say that because Norris, Mobley, and Francis should take up all the time at the guard positions.

The Back up SF should be Bullard.

The power forward would be so cool is Taylor would accept a backup role. He would be the best six man of the year for the next decade.

The center would be Hakeem Olajowon.

Thus this would be the team.

Center: Ken Johnston; backup Hakeem
    Power forward: Webber; backup Taylor
    Small Forward: Morris; backup Bullard
    Shooting guard: Mobley; backup Langhi
    Point guard: Francis; backup Norris

Sweet!!!!

------------------