1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Year - Better Offense or Better Defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by room4rentsf, May 6, 2007.

1. stq

stq Member

I can't believe there are so many ppl who chose Adelman over Jackson :eek: :eek:

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

I think that is because Phil won't be our coach...He stays in LA

3. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

We need a coach who has a feel for the game. gundy is a great stats and X and O's coach, but he has no feel for the game. he's sunstitutions and in game adjustments leaves alot to be desierd. in contrast a guy like Adelman is the exact opposite. he has a great feel for the game.

4. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Forget our offense. We didn't defend at all, and that's what we're known for. We didn't have defense to fall back on when our offense was lacking. At this point, we don't have either, so really, I don't mind which one we work on first. As long as we have one...

5. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

The new coach needs to bring this to the table or forget it-

1. A young, larger, quicker more athletic power forward who can rebound and score.
    2. A point guard who can defend, distribute and score
    3. Another player who can take up the scoring load for Yao and Tracy

If the 'new' coach can't bring that- it is a waste of time talking about it.
    Changing coaches isn't going to make Rafer a better defender or a more reliable scorer , Howard isn't going to become a young athletic beast off the bench and Chucky isn't growing 4 inches and developing an outside shot.

If Van Gundy if fired, I would consider Carlisle.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Were you watching the playoff series?

7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I would like either Adelman or Jackson. How about Hubie Brown. I'm not sure if he wants to coach again, but I think he would be a good candidate.