1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT *IF* Available - go after Marc J?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I mean with Mo coming back . .. would we still want Jackson?

I though of Jackson as a PF not a C.

Rocket River
    Trade Walt and Langhi for Jackson . . that would have helped GS's
    TaX WOES.

2. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Doubt it, but I think it depends on Cato. If Cato even kind of works out this year, I don't think the Rockets will feel the need to pick up MJax's longterm contract but will add depth to the frontcourt via filler, maybe draft. But even if Cato doesn't work out, the Rockets might be hard-pressed to both unload Cato and land Jackson at the same time. I don't think the Rockets want Jackson THAT much. I think he was just the best option to help our ailing frontcourt this year.

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Jackson cannot become a Rocket for a full year now. Hasn't this point been poignantly made clear time and time again?

:)

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

What's your point? That's exactly what we're talking about. It may be silly to talk about whether we should get him a year from now, but I think everyone already understands he won't be a Rocket this year.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just a question about next year d*mn . . . .
    did i pour salt in someone's wounds?

I say we won't . . infact i think the team we have now
    except for maybe Walt and Langhi
    will be what we have next year.

Rocket River

6. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Sorry for the misunderstanding... I thought that you were referring to now, this season... and that has been denounced ad nauseum...

No worries...

:)