1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT 5 GAMES FOR ROCKETS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Apr 1, 2015.

1. rockets13champs

San Antonio is 2 games back of us and the 6th seed these next 5 games are so crucial it can be the difference of us getting the 2 seed or the 6 seed. We have

@ Dallas
    @ OKC
    @ SAS
    vs SAS
    vs NOLA

these games can go either way none are back 2 backs so dwight can play all of them. But if we lose 2 against San Antonio then we are the 6 seed. But on the otherhand if we win our 4 Division gameswe can win the tiebreaker with Memphis and play our best opponent in the Mavs round one. This week will pretty much determine our playoff slot.
    #rednation lets win some games.

2. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I have confidence we will get the 2nd seed.

3. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Me too.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly we would probably have to go 4-1 to get the 2 seed, or maybe even stay where we're at. It's tough.

I expect 3-2, although it could be 2-3. Toughest stretch of the year right here.

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Honestly I see us going 4-2.

W @ Dallas
    W @ OKC
    L @ SAS
    W @SAS
    L @NOLA

give or take swapping that loss out for OKC. But i'm hoping we only drop one at most.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Me too, I feel like we're this high for a reason and that reason is that we are slightly more consistent than the teams below us.

7. thejav

thejav Member

I would say we end up with the 4th seed..cuz im a realist..hope for the 2nd seed.. cuz im a homer.

8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Me too

9. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rockets will go 5-0 and blow out every team they face. If you believe any differently, you're nothing but a pathetic human being consumed by negativity.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

L
    L
    L
    L
    W

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

4th seed isn't really in play. Portland is going to be worse than HOU, MEM, and LAC now. That's almost a given. Unfortunately, they are also guaranteed to be division winners, guaranteeing them the #4 spot. It's just a question of who has the worst record between HOU, MEM, and LAC. The first two take #2 and #3, the last one gets saddled with #5 and no home court advantage against Portland. I know, it sucks, but it is what it is.

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The 5 seed can still have homecourt advantage against the 4 if their record is better, see Rockets vs. Jazz 2007.

13. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I truly feel Harden is going to solidify his MVP status over this stretch.

No homer.

1 person likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets will go 0-5. Look how smart and realistic I am!

15. Nook

Nook Member

Take care of business against inferior teams (Dallas/OKC/NO) and you should be fine. I don't think the Rockets are playing well and could easily see SA, Mem and LAC shoot by the Rockets in the standings.

Having said that, the Rockets essentially control their own destiny.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Seems like every season there is point in the season where the Rockets can do something special but end up not accomplishing the task. IF this team is truly different from the past few years they will finally get the task done. I am hoping for the best. Go Rockets!!

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Feel the same way. Just take care of business, and if you can split the SA games then we will be good for HCA.

18. kunene

kunene Member

I think we need to win the rest of our div games (Dal, SAS x2, NO) to get the 2.
    Rockets are 6-6 in the div right now and Memphis is at 8-7. I see them winning against NO at home to make it 9-7. And if Memphis wins against NO we need to end up with 10-6 div record to get the 2 because Mem will probably have the better conference record. They are at 32-15 and we are 29-17.

We should be wary of LAC too because they have an easy schedule to finish the season. We split with them this season and their conference record is 31-15 at the moment.

Looking at all the games Rockets, Mem, and LAC have left, I think we need to go 6-1 (4-0 div) the rest of the way to be the 2 seed to play against Dallas. If we lose 2 or more games we'll be the 5th seed against #4 Portland. No matter which way it goes, it'll be a fun first round.

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Back to backs are not are forte lately so I'd say it's a safe bet we lose to Dallas. OKC should be a win, but you never know. Spurs we will definitely not lose both, no way, might squeeze out one and Pelicans are tough.

I say 2-3.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

This stretch worries me. Really wish we didn't drop that game in Toronto--could end up being crucial. I know the refs kinda screwed us, but we shouldn't have let it be close enough to matter.