1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Would you be for the Test or against the Test?

1. For

14.6%
  2. Against

85.4%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Except that he follows his rather direct address to all Muslims("If you are Muslim") and referring them all to "zombies" with "We will find you. We will smoke you out of the shadows.". That statement DIRECTLY follows his first paragraph. He uses the SAME EXACT tense with his pronoun 'you'. Usually when someone uses a pronoun and wants to refer to another entity with the same exact pronoun, they usually use a proper noun in between to show that the 'you' is not the same 'you' in the previous paragraph.

Thus it is my only logical assumption that he is referring to ALL Muslims.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You and I both know that durvasa, whether we agree with him on a topic or not, is quite a rational poster. Almost like a Spock. I think you would agree that he doesn't show much bias. His interpretation differs from yours. Nobody else got as worked up as you about Honey Bear's post.

I understand that there is an emotional component when you think someone wants to threaten your mother or family. But I honestly didn't see that in there. It was just the usual grandstanding semi-troll post, not as malicious as you interpreted it to be.

Why in the world would this poster all of a sudden make death threats to millions of people? It wouldn't make sense.

You have explained how you arrived at your interpretation. durvasa, who is very unbiased, saw it differently. The poster himself said that he meant the terrorists.

Why would you want to stick to your interpretation? To justify your anger in hindsight? :confused:

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So basically your argument was that he was being facetious. Okay, as long as you admit that his post at the very least displays questionable judgement then let's just call it a day.

I think in regards to matters of Islam, I'm probably the most objective and rational as I can pose heavy handed criticism towards Islam itself and judge muslims on a INDIVIDUAL basis. I think I've proven that time and time again on this message board.

Let's not ignore the fact that if a Muslim poster made an equally as cryptic threat in a post that was intended to be facetious, you would be immediately labeling that poster a terrorist sympathizer.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nope.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's referring to the terrorists when he says "smoke you out" and saying that Muslims don't have to say anything because they don't need their help anyway.

What's troubling is that he calls Muslims "zombies" when there are many many Muslims against terrorism and working to fight against it by cooperating actively with gov't agencies.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Honey Bear was referring to moderate Muslims when he said all that and if you don't believe that you either have not been paying attention to his recent posts or are willfully ignorant.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=276410

in a thread he titled:

"Muslim honor kills social media star sister - moderates rejoice"

He's been posting in threads for a few months now claiming that moderate Muslims harbor this type of behavior "behind closed doors" and all feel this way.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=274528

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=273242

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270919

^The "source" being moderates to him. The next thread/quote proves this. It's not a joke.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270649

When he says "smoke out" he's 100% referring to moderates that he's trying to incite violence against. You guys are clowns for trying to insinuate that's not what he's getting at. That "smoke out" post was completely meant as a threat (using his stupid af persona) against all (moderate) Muslims. ATW defends that type of behavior.

#166 DudeWah, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

DudeWah, your intelligence does not match your fanatism for your ideological cause.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think I've ever seen someone with so much confidence in their r****d logic. Complete lack of comprehension, aimless attacks, quoting own opinions as evidence....bless your heart atw.

If it wasn't for the textbook Aspergers it would have been difficult to sympathize.

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

If you've ever encountered people with low intelligence, you'll realize that they are incapable to of understanding that some things aren't mutually exclusive, black and white etc. It is difficult for them to rationalize reality, and this reflects on their personality and behavior. Things that don't fit the compartmentalized view that they've built are spit out or forced into one of the categories the individual best sees fit.

I'm sure it causes a lot of distress trying to fit the round block into square peg, so not something we can fault him for.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thank you.

It is a trait that women appreciate and beta men such as yourself envy and secretly admire.

11. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

You mean Sharia Law, that says being homosexual is punishable by death? That says women who commit adultery should be stoned?

Sharia Law has NO place in America

2 people like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I laffed. Couldn't think of a better way to expose your insecurities...living an alpha/beta life on the internets lmao.

Make sure he/she sees your posts on the regular, wouldn't want to confuse the online persona...and the real thing :).

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Did ATW "not see" this post:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10175782&postcount=41

Actually he did see it. In fact he posted on the same exact page. He just chose to ignore that comment because despite ATW's careful language, this is the message he's trying to convey. He chimed in to offer some lip service 3 or 4 pages later but likely only due to multiple posters speaking out against it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=270929&page=3

Talk about "selective criticism." What a hypocrite. Pathetic that he came in here with the agenda to crucify Eric Riley.

I've posted 3 different examples of ATW either outright defending (in the case of honey bear), implicitly passive aggressively defending (hotballa), or selectively ignoring (FTW) posters who post hate filled bigoted statements against ALL Muslims.

I'm sure his smear campaign is in full effect, but the facts don't lie.

#173 DudeWah, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are trying too hard, little man.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

85.42% against is remarkably impressive despite the terrible circumstances .thanks everyone voted

I bit percentage would be lower if atw did't dull saturated everyone with his constants reminders of his bigot views

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I voted against, but I would be FOR a literacy and intelligence test for Exiled, before he is ever allowed to post anywhere again.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Proud of you Atw you did the right thing, now you are moving up on top of honey bear on the scale of intelligence of course