1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Newsday] Mo could be on Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...5,0,485315.story?coll=ny-basketball-headlines

Mo could be on Yao

BY GREG LOGAN
    STAFF CORRESPONDENT

February 5, 2006

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - The trade that sent Antonio Davis to Toronto cleared the way for Maurice Taylor to take over as the Knicks' starting power forward. That means he's in position to take his revenge today at Madison Square Garden against his former Houston team and coach Jeff Van Gundy, who benched Taylor last season with the Rockets.

Although he will be matched against Juwan Howard, Taylor could find himself guarding 7-6 Rockets center Yao Ming if Knicks center Eddy Curry gets in foul trouble. "I've seen some of the strangest people guard Yao and be effective," the 6-9 Taylor said. "I think Boris Diaw [an athletic 6-8 forward who played for Atlanta last season] did the best job on Yao I've ever seen anybody do.

"You front him; you move around him. He has problems with that. If you just stand behind him, he'll kill you. But if you make him move and use a little energy, he kind of tires out as the game goes on. He's a great player, and if he's able to post up, it will be a long night."

Payback isn't the first priority for Taylor. "We've just got to try and right this ship and do the best we can," he said. "When you're going through a funk like we're going through right now, it's ridiculous, it's embarrassing, and we've just got to find a way to dig some of these games out."

2. rvpals

rvpals Member

MoT on Yao? OMG. They might as well give Yao 20 layups.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Look for Yao to bust out for a career high in rebounds. Wilt's record 55 might not even be safe.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

LOL. I don't see MoT can stop Yao at all, coz I don't expect him to play dirty. That's just not in him, especially against Yao. I still remember those fake Chinese gestures between him and Yao before games when he was in H-Town.

5. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hheheheh... i actually miss mo... he was one of the few players with hair on his balls and wouldn't back down from anybody.

i miss the double cheeseburger comments and the "i love this we.." pic too. :D

6. ikfit

ikfit Member

Actually I still don't know what we got from this trade, we send MT to NY , what we got? Mochi? who can tell me. thanks

7. Asian Sensation

You talkin about hair another mans balls! Hair on another man's balls! Come on man why you gotta talk about hair on another mans balls!

8. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

we got rid of Mo's big money and got back expiring contracts.

The better question might be, "I still don't know what New York got from this trade..."

9. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

4pts 4rebs and 5 fouls......

Mo blows.

10. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

and hairy balls that won't back down from you.

:confused: