1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newsday: 'Fixer:' Bryant Case Might Break Many Before It's Over

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dragon167, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

LOL, uh yeah...nice 'disclaimer'.
    I'm sorry, but if you have to say "I know most people believe I think Kobe is guilty..." then even YOU know how you sound.
    Don't be so defensive just because I mention that you 'sound' like you do. sheesh.

Get real -- the Laker board and a Los Angeles radio station? Where is your head?
    You're right. ANYTHING printed on those boards are lies. How dare I...oh wait, they're getting their info from internet sites and radio report just like everyone else is...its just our board isn't as up to date as, say a steve francis rape report would be is it?...
    Hey, their site says kobe commited adultry and admits it...oh but its on a laker's fan website, it MUST be false! So this whole Kobe fiasco is a hoax right?!?!
    Look Thumbs, they ARE biased, but the info they have isn't opinionated, its from actual media sources. Just having to justify things like this makes me 'believe even more that you think he's guilty', despite what your 'disclaimer' says.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Several posters had previously accused me of a bias -- just as you just have -- against Kobe Bryant. I merely was addressing their concerns with a reference point vis a vis my viewpoint on how justice is being obliterated with non-salient informatiion.

Again, as to your second point, I ask again, do you really believe these are non-biased sources? Should we believe the testimony of his paid bodyguards? Should we believe the testimony of the friends of the prosecution's chief witness? Do you think there is no bias there either? Eschew the spin. That's all I ask.

#22 thumbs, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Exactly. I was thinking this too. But...what if she DID do this already? And Kobe told her to go f-herself? Kobe's known to be very stubborn, he wouldn't give in to her demands and she went to the cops. That 'might' have happened but who knows?

Also bbob, what reporter would print a story about a 19 year old who is saying she sleep with kobe bryant?
    Doesn't that REALLY sound interesting? How many NBA 'playas' cheat on their wives but don't get caught and typed up in the press about it? Not many. Don't you think there is a reason for that? Can't papers be sued for reporting something that someone said happened to them when it defamates the other person,especially if there is no proof of it, just someone's word? Also who would believe her? Wouldn't she be known as the town 'hussey' if she said these things? Doesn't she know that he's married?
    Simply saying bryant 'seduced' her would make her look like some slut/homewrecker, but what do you think about her if she accuses him of rape? She's innocent, the victim, purity tarnish by some rich,strong, popular black man who lives a dark alternate life in which he preys on naive small town girls. I don't know man, I guess we'll see.

4. thumbs

For heaven's sake, sir, and you call ME biased?

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting points, SRF. This could really come down to

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
    versus
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

We'll just have to see. I hope justice is served either way. It is automatically in my nature to take the side of the less powerful, but that's not fair. Finally, I hope it comes down to facts and evidence as much as possible -- not money and character assassination.

6. Severe Rockets Fan

The comment about Kobe being in a past relationship with the girl was said on the ESPN dan patrick show, they heard it on the denver station KKFN.
    Is that biased?

7. Severe Rockets Fan

No actually I didn't once call you that...Hmmm, I think I'll take a quote from you.
    "Didn't you read my entire post?"

8. thumbs

Have you ever lived in a small town, a really small town like Eagle, Colorado? If she had so much as an autographed picture of Kobe Bryant, the whole town would have known about it. Stories like this strain my credulity.

Look, I am trying to convince you to see through "fixer" spin from both sides. Since there is little to no spin from the prosecution side (save the prosecution's chief witness' running buds), I tend to rail against the smoke screen being pumped out by the Bryant camp.

For the umpteenth time, let's let the judge and jury rule on the facts of the case -- not the kangaroo court of public opinion.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

I know what you mean, but doesn't it seem like the girl is the one with more power in this? She the one that suppose to remain anonoymous and protected while he's hung out to answer questions and be judged by people whose only info, so far, is what she said. Damn I wish some hard evidence like DNA or pictures of assault(not see by the public of course) could be released. So far is just he said/she said stuff.

10. thumbs

Point taken. You wrote: "Look Thumbs, they ARE biased, but the info ...etc." I misread the "they" for "you." Shows I shouldn't be reading and writing without my glasses, but I am vain in that regard (without cause, unfortunately). My apologies.

11. Severe Rockets Fan

So you think we shouldn't 'judge' kobe on what the media tells us? And that any negative info about the girl should simply be blown off as 'media fixers'. Where do we get our information from if not from the media?
    You think there is a big conspiracy team setup by bryant to expose the girl as someone who was "troubled","wanted it"?
    This article that you are religiously going by sounds a little strange also, don't you think? From "NEWSDAY" and she's some sports columnist who "knows 'someone' that does this stuff for athletes images."
    Yeah, thats some pultizer prize stuff man.

LOL, have I ever lived in a small town? Actually no, but both my parent are from small towns that I ,unfortunately, regularly visited. Not everyone knows everyone. Why didn't anyone know about her attempted suicide...that was important but not well known. I think you overestimate the smallness of the town...30000 isn't THAT small.

12. thumbs

I give up. You and Rezdawg go have a beer together. I'm going to wait for the verdict.

13. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

umm, thats what crack lawyers do. theyll probably play that, and the race card.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So, the main brunt of this article is that if Kobe is innocent, he'll be exonerated in court.

But if he's guilty...he'll still get away with it?

And I'd like to have one of these 'fixers' write a book sometime...I'd read it.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Loosely translated
    Those who think he did it. . . will always say he got off
    Those who think he didn't . . Will always say she was a hussy

Kobe's image is IRREPARABLY damage and ain't ****
    he can do about it .. .. .

Ask OJ . . . . Verdicts mean NOTHING only the MEDIA and the COURT of Public Opinion

Kobe stands to lose 20 mill in endorsements .. because a woman cried rape

Sometimes people spin sh*t when they ain't done nothing wrong
    I'd rather spin and be a little amoral about slashing her character
    knowing i did not rape her
    than to do the 'honorable' thing .. knowing i did not rape. . and spending
    the next 10 yrs in Jail

Kobe's main objective in all of this is. . . NOT TO GOTO JAIL

BTW - the civil case WILL COME
    If I were Kobe. . . . be I get Acquitted. . . I'd sue her

Rocket River

16. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

Oh! Now she´s overdosed to.. :eek: this little slut must have wanted to be raped.. :rolleyes:

One thing that´s for sure:
    IT DOESN´T MATTER IF HE´S GUILTY OR NOT. HE´S GONNA GO FREE. HE´S GONNA BUY HIMSELF FREE. IT´S THE AMERICAN WAY, AND THE HOW THE AMERICAN SYSTEM WORKS.
    :mad:

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No doubt
    everyone gets justice. .. .some folx just get MORE JUSTICe

Rocket River

18. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Maybe quit sleeping with women when he was married could have saved his image.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yep! I can't believe that this was Kobe's "first" time but then these guys live in a world where beautiful women simply throw themselves at their feet. Unless you've been around this and seen it firsthand or have friends who were professional athletes, as I have, it's hard to understand that world. They come to believe that they can do as they please and that nothing can happen to them because they're "bulletproof".

That said, Kobe is wrong on a variety of levels. First and foremost, he's simply too young to be married with children. As I recall, Magic, Barkley and Jordan all consuled him not to get married. That's what also led to the dispute with his parents who felt the same way. The facts are such that he's young, handsome, rich and famous. That's what I call a deadly combo in terms of having good judgement.

Look at it this way: I know NOW that one can only have so many women. Too much of a good thing even SEX with a beautiful woman can be a bad thing. I didn't know that when I was 19 much less 25. Now Kobe may have "known" what he was doing was wrong but he didn't understand the implications of his actions until he was deep into the sh*t hurricane he created. Seen any of his Sprite commercials lately? This is going to cost him some serious $$$.

It's interesting to see the fear in Kobe's eyes that wasn't there before. For the first time in his life, he is truly scared. Those white folks in Eagle County are ready to burn his black behind and he knows it. That's why the sheriff jumped the gun and arrested him so quickly BEFORE the DA was ready to file charges. They really don't care if their case is shaky or not - they saw young white girl and older black male and that's all it took. They intend to make an example of him - he's now being mentioned in the same vein as OJ. There is NO way he'll get a fair trial there and he knows that also. HE COULD GO TO JAIL!

It's too bad he didn't think about this before he pulled a "Tyson". Guess he wasn't as "bulletproof" as he thought.

20. karesk

karesk Member

Is it 30000 or 3000?