1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NEWS] Explosions near Boston Marathon Finish Line (UPDATE: MIT/Watertown shootout w/ suspects)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vstexas09, Apr 15, 2013.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

She was killed as a warning that the US is a sinful nation. Nothing bad ever happens to innocent people.

Being serious and sarcastic of course. We should keep their junk out of this thread.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

They believe the attacks where god's punishment for America tolerating gay marriage therefore they should protest the funerals. I realize that makes little since, but that is about as much of an explanation as you will get. This church is insane.

If you want to hear their reason from their own lips then here you go but it will probably just make you angry

3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

They are a cult that follows an insane "pastor". They are not Baptists and they are not a Testament church.

/D&D

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I can agree with this.

I was raised a Baptist and they may be a bunch of judgmental and uptight idiots, but they arent as twisted as the Westboro nutjobs.

if my venom towards Baptists offends anyone, keep in mind I left that church on bad terms so I rarely have anything good to say about them

Ah crap Edit: Sorry, didnt realize I was in the Hangout instead of D&D....ArtV is right, we should keep the Westboro talk out of here. My bad. Please dont respond to me in this thread.

5. VanityHalfBlack

Bomb Russia and get this thing over with.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

wow...yeah that is smart. Russia is an ally in this.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Unfortunately most human beings are judgmental. Religion just gives them what they believe to be a justification for it.

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

supposedly headed to NYC for more mayhem:

More details of what the authorities said was the original plot were becoming clearer. The Boston police commissioner, Edward Davis, said the authorities believed that Mr. Tsarnaev and his older brother, Tamerlan, 26, had planned more attacks beyond the bombings at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, which killed three people and wounded more than 170. When the suspects seized a Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle and held the driver hostage, they told him that they planned to head to New York, the senior United States official said Sunday.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/22/u...tw-nytnational&seid=auto&pagewanted=all&_r=5&

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

man, the things you find out over the dinner table. So I have an FB friend who thinks every attack on the US is a government conspiracy and the Devil's making. My sisters and I grew up with him so I asked them if they saw what he posted about the marathon bombing. I went on about how ridiculous and insane I thought he was. As soon as i finished, one of them said they agreed with him and ran to her Ipad to show me youtube videos of possible conspiracies. i really wanted to slap some sense into her.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Even with their 40 year old tech they could nuke America out of existence.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

D&D stuff again, I agree with how idiotic their stance is, but I do not like the term "cult". What if Christianity started today, if Christ's first appearance was today - he'd be labeled a cult leader and put into an insane asylum. You can either accept others views or label every religion a cult - I don't care which you or anyone else chooses to be honest, but fair is fair.

12. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Then call it a Christian cult.

"What is a Christian cult?"

Alan Gomes writes: "A cult of Christianity is a group of people, which claiming to be Christian, embraces a particular doctrine system taught by an individual leader, group of leaders, or organization, which (system) denies (either explicitly or implicitly) one or more of the central doctrines of the Christian Faith as taught in the sixty-six books of the Bible."
    Alan Gomes, Unmasking The Cults (Zondervan, 1995)

13. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

You're just as uneducated as those guys who want to bomb the Czech Republic. The Russians and Chechens hate each other.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Come on guys.

I already said that I shouldnt have even responded to that....but if yall want to discuss Westboro or other religious cults...take it to D&D.

Dont keep discussing it in here....

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Eeehk, I'm stopping after this, again D&D, but what makes Christianity not a cult? Because it's regularly accepted? So if I start a religion and change a thing here or there I'm a cult leader and not a messiah? But if I go back in time and do it, grow a following, it'd be fine? Meh.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

By definition of the word. YES.

Webster's dictionary.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

They're not a religious cult, they just religious losers/assholes.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wonder what the kid is writing down for investigators. Seriously, it either like "F you guys," or complete lies (like "I'm innocent"), or he's telling them partially what's up.

He is probably all like, "can u plz update my FB page and then let me tweet. I hrd hotties r askin bout me. what's up, shorteez?"

1 person likes this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

No telling what he's saying in his heavily medicated state. He could actually be giving some good info and not realizing it.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.