1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newly crowned Miss Teen USA is from Tomball...and used to drop the "N" bomb pretty casually

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by shastarocket, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO spend some quality time in the Midwest and you will hear n***er all the time. This idea that it is ignorant. Hell I heard it in Boston more than Houston and in Ohio and Illinois it is just accepted.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

did you harass Swedish girls on behalf of Immegrants !

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

More so in rap, which is a sub-genre of hip-hop. Here is a line that Lil Wayne used on his Grammy award winning album:

I've heard people here try to argue that the n-word is a term of affection and endearment. So I'd like to know: how exactly is running up in a n-word's house and shooting their grandmother a term of affection and endearment?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't accept it. You accept it. I don't find it funny at all.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In that context, it obviously isn't. In some contexts, it's a term of affection (like "black brother"), and in other contexts it's a more neutral term (like "black guy").

Most people can distinguish the meaning in context.

6. CometsWin

Okay, so this 18 year old just listened to a whole lot of 80's rap? Yeah, sounds legit. She's probably got Iceberg on a loop.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<------- quickly scrolls through 3 pages for bikini pics, then moves on.

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

vanilla ice never used the n-word.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I' gonna chalk this up to ignorance and not racism. She's a parent girl form Tomball.

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Meh.......not the first time a white person has used that word in public and it won't be the last. It has been happening since the 1600s on this side of the world.

I don't know a lot about her, but I suspect she isn't consciously racist. She just probably holds some subconscious stereotypical/racist views like most people on the planet seem too.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure but it was his money that funded Death Row Records and pretty much everyone they signed did.

13. Nook

Nook Member

I accept what? I find what funny?

The only thing I "accept" is the fact that racism and the term n****r is used every damn day in areas outside the South. Indeed when I lived in Boston I heard it far more often and more casually than in Texas.... Chicago? White people seem to use the term with little stigma. Ohio? Yeah...

The idea that it is the big bad South that has the market cornered on racism and the use of an offensive term is simply not accurate.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but that goes against the stereotype and clearly CometsWin struggles to see past stereotypes. That's just how he chooses to see the world.

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_4WoAnty748" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't judge a child that harshly. I grew up in New Orleans and used the N-word all the time as a kid. When I got older I realized the larger context. Believe me the context I used it in was far worse than this girl.

People grow as human being - which is one thing I don't like about holding people's past so harshly against them. We all make mistakes. I have made mine, and I am sure you have made yours. Especially a 14 year old - c'mon man - who here as a full grown mature adult is like how they were at 14???

17. CometsWin

Yeah I never claimed the South had it cornered, I said I guessed it was from some former Confederate state and I was right. You said it was accepted which means it's acceptable. It's not acceptable to me. We can agree, the n word is in wide use around the country and it's unacceptable. End of story.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What do you mean by "follow her around" ?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He hopes her life is ruined basically. That's the kind of person he is.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The context is that it is an offensive term no matter the orator's race or intention. BTW, I'm pretty sure Richard Pryor used the n-word with a hard -er all the time, and if I'm not mistaken that is what inspired Dave Chapelle (which black comedians like Whoopi Goldberg took exception to the use of that word).

#60 Cohete Rojo, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016