1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New York Daily News] Nets want Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOUSTONROCKETS5, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Remind me again why you guys want Favors and not Lopez?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The guy has incredible athleticim. He's big, long, and has loads of potential. This is a guy with the quickness to close out perimeter shooters. He can block shots. Isn't that what we're looking for? I just don't see how we can get him. That's the problem.

3. YaosDirtyStache

I am all for potential, but for bigs INTELLIGENCE is a more pressing need. I mean, look at the two Rockets with all the potential in the world that turned into absolute dog turds due to lack of basic instinct and braincells. (Eddie Griffin, Stro Show)...then look at two Rockets that didnt have the greatest Potential but have turned out to be damn fine players. (Landry, Hayes).

Something has to be said for smart players...to which Favors clearly has not demonstrated to be just yet. I would be ok having him, just ok.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

(Supposedly) Nets want Martin + Hill (more supposedly - lust for things 'Knick') for Favors + Murphy + #1. Rox #1 returned, perhaps...

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Martin? At first blush, that's crazy. I guess Lee would take Martin's spot in the rotation.

6. RocketMania1991

If thats the case I would definitley be supportive of that.

Then maybe we could pull off a trade for OJ Mayo.

If we could come away with Favors/Mayo at the deadline that would be tremendous in terms of rebuilding.

7. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

agree. would also add scola on that list of intelligent players. he thrives on basketball IQ. he is very unathletic (love how barkley is amazed how he can get 10 rebounds a game without jumping) yet crafty as hell and very successful.

on another note, Lopez sucks at rebounding which is an area we're lacking in.

8. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

So a 19 year old rookie doesn't pick up NBA defensive rotations as well as a 30 year old player who has been playing professionally since he was 15? Shocking. Too late to think that he'll improve?

9. colts_1994

colts_1994 Member

how about a 3 team trade involving nets, nuggets, and rockets. It works on the trade machine too.

Houston gets:
    Derrick Favors
    Nene
    Al Harrington

Nets get:
    Aaron Brooks
    Louis Scola

Nuggets get:
    Jared Jeffires
    Shane battier
    Sasha vujacic
    1st rounder(from hou)

Our Lineup
    Lowry/Smith
    Martin/Lee
    Williams/Budinger/P patt
    Favors/Harrington/Hill
    Nene/Miller/Hayes

This would give a lot of young players a lot of experience, and a lot of room for growth and we would still have some veteran leadership also. Toss around some picks in some spots and i think we have a deal!

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

get real guys

Favors was the centerpiece for the nets for Anthony and now he is to be traded for Brooks and Scola?

Neither Brooks nor Scola are in the same atmosphere of a player Melo is.

Favors more than likely is going to stay a Net for a long time unless another "star" type player makes themselves available for a trade.

Right now I find it HARD to believe that NJ would just trade Favors away for good, but not great, heck they arent even all-stars type players.

11. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

How delusional can you guys be to believe the Nets would give up Favors for anybody on the rockets lol. Morey has really oversold our players enough to have our fans chasing pipe dreams

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You are correct.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Exactly. These trade ideas started off desperate, now they're getting downright pathetic

14. aelliott

Agreed. NJ probably doesn't move Favors unless they get an All-Star in return.

15. YaosDirtyStache

He isnt worth mortgaging the farm for is all I am saying. If we get him for cheap, sure go ahead...but he is far from covetable at this point.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, We know the Nets covet Scola and Brooks. Last season, many experts would agree that Brooks should have been chosen for an ASG apperance. He's the MIP.

17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention, we won't be throwing in 4 or 5 1st rounders.

18. moreyball

moreyball Member

NJ should just go ahead and trade favors cause now he knows that he is unwanted by NJ, which might affect his play.

19. delta69er

delta69er Member

The problem is when a player with "loads of potential" first arrives in Houston, a certain coach buries them on the bench..

20. aelliott

Funny that so many people are wanting to tank and get a high draft pick yet there isn't anyone in this draft with Favor's potential.

1 person likes this.