1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New York Daily News] Nets want Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOUSTONROCKETS5, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

If that's the offer, why not take it? Harris is a better PG than either Lowry or AB. If you send Lowry back to the bench (hopefully he is mature enough to accept the 6th man role), the production of the bench will return to 2009-10 level.

Obviously, I'd rather make a bigger deal that involves Favors too. But, that probably ain't happening.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Here's a quick recap:

4. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

**** Favors lets go for Humphries (sp?) then we can get Kim kardashian and id actually have something to look at during games lol

5. thething

thething Contributing Member

Obviously we would want Favors or the NJ 2011 pick.

But if not that maybe we could get the GS pick and a late 1st rounder.

6. Houston_Rockets

I love this idea of AB and Scola for Favors fillers and a protected 1st round pick (even tho I am not very hight on Favors), but man if they want us to get that loooooooooooong Outlaw contract man, it will be nasty.....

I think Outlaw off the bench is a solid player, but 7M for 4 more years is too much for his talent, IMO.

I think Harris is not an option, he will go to Portland or Dallas, I can only hope the fillers part of this deal is Murphy, he is an expiring, so no problem, but if he is involved we would have to give more then AB and Scola to match salaries, great to make a 3-2 trade to open roster spots for other trades....

PeAcE

7. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Exactly.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Their pick will be nice, dear god TAKE HIM lol just playin

9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol.

Plus that it is rumored that they like Scola as well. Devin Harris isn't going to get them anything from us. He's going to be 28 in a few days and really he's just slightly older version of Brooks.

It sounds like they would want Brooks to replace Harris as he's rumored to be going elsewhere. The Rockets having Lowry and Ish, I doubt they would even try dangling Harris in front of the Rockets.

Also the Nets have shown that they are willing or at least thought about trading Favors. The Kings on the other hand have shown that Cousins is and has always strongly denied any interest in trading him away.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Can't combine TPE with another player to get to a bigger salary.

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

If the nets had any fans left they would be laughing at the ridiculous trade ideas on this thread. Favors was the focal point of a trade for Carmelo (a superstar!). No way we can get him with Brooks and Scola. New Jersey probably hear Brooks is unhappy and will try and lowball us with a second round draft pick or former laker.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just to spite a lot of the idiocy on this board, I would almost like to see the Rockets get Vujacic. It would serve a lot of you right, clamoring to sell AB at rock bottom.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

What is this love for Favors? I know he is in his rookie season but I really haven't seen anything from his days at Ga Tech or even this year to even think that he will turn out to be a good player. A decent player, but I really think he is the next Eddy Curry

15. Raven

Raven Member

There's no franchise player to be had, so I'm all for the Rockets trading the veterans (or Brooks) for future picks.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Alot of ways to work it out. We have alot of contracts of all sizes. Surprised we wherent the first team to get something done with all of our assets. Morey has draft picks we can swap with other teams we feel we are gonna draft ahead if thats possibly a avenue he wants to gamble on. There are young guys some teams might want. Some expirings. Some good players with expirings. A few stars or at least scorers near stardom. Some veterans leadership. Some tall guys. A rookie. A massive expiring contract who is also a big guy with potential to resign for less. I would love to make these deals with teams like New Jersey who have enough picks and young guys to help us out while we help the. They want winning? Scola and Brooks could help them get closer to a winning team.

17. 757

757 Member

Am I the only one who would rather take Lopez over Favors? He's a legit 7-footer, something Favors isn't. He's been disappointing this year, but still, I think he'd be more valuable for us than Favors.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Favors is no superstar.

6ppg 5rpg with about 20 mins mpg.

Honestly the only thing he has going for him is exactly what Hill had going for him last season. Potential.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think any one with average knowledge of the NBA would take Lopez over Favors....but no way in hell is that happening.

20. Cheerio

Cheerio Member

We can always find a third team to send him. I'm sure the Lakers would be interested in a PG, considering Fisher is a shell of A SHELL of his former self.