1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW Yao Ming Pics from latest exhibition game!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WinknCatForever, Aug 23, 2003.

1. WinknCatForever

The Chinese National team beat the Bayi Rockets team / Score: 93-70

Yao is now a vegetarian, strictly following Anthony Falsone's diet regimine, cutting out all meats. (He misses his dad's porkchops in soy sauce) He's gonna be dropping the pounds fast now, and is hoping to lose 9-10 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yao looks really FAT. That's just disgusting how fat he is. He should cut out bread and meat and vegetables!

3. sabirk

sabirk Contributing Member

Yao is looking good. Look at the muscle tone in his arms.

4. xs28

xs28 Member

i'm no expert but is it good to go from one extreme (high meat diet) to totally cutting out all meat. i'm guessing that the rockets probabbly told yao to gain wieght (by eating lots of meat?) and then now they want him to loose weight and go vegetarian? some kind of trial and error diet on your #1 pick?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Its easier to put on the weight first and then get toned out.

6. mrgoubople1

mrgoubople1 Member

DANGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!omg, yao is buff!!!! a little fat on the stomach but look at the arms, wow, hope he still has his touch from outside though, if he shot after lifting he should be ok, but if not....i don't know, we need to have a personal coach over there, for everything, eating, playing, resting. Total Control, jk;)

7. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

actually this has been bugging me. According to Dr. Atkins meat and fat do not make you fat. Breads and Fruits and Carbs are what makes you fat. Yao could actually go on the Atkins, eat all protien, lift weights and be cut like a mutha *****, and lose weight at the same time. Veggies have carbs too so if you eat too much believe it or not u can gain weight. I actually lost 25 pounds effortlessly. And i wasnt even that fat to begin with i went from 180 to 155 in about a month im around 5'11. So i mean thats me, Yao is a Pro athlete with the Atkins this guy could actually be a BEAST!!!!!

8. ecinokc

ecinokc Contributing Member

Maybe the idea is to detoxify his system from eating so many steaks, then gradually put him back on high protein. Anybody think this makes sense?

9. xs28

xs28 Member

yao needs carbo, that's what you need for energy. if you look at triathletes and marathon runners they have high carbo diet running up to their races. since yao trains xx hours every day, he needs carbo. i saw the interview of atkins with larry king, he mentioned that active people needs to take enough carbo, his main concern was for obese people who are not active, and the fastest way to lose weight (short term) is to totally cut out carbo and go all meat.

10. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

no one knows yaos statline for the game?

11. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

How on earth did could you tell he has fat on the stomach? Just wondering...

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

His arms look really big. I just hope he gets more aggressive with the rebounds this year. There is no excuse for not averaging at least 10 boards a game.

13. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

I agree he does need Carbs but not that many. I say for an athlete like him around 100 a day. Combine that with high protien and the weight room, and hes good to go.

14. user

user Member

OK, please pass me you diet list. I need to lose 25 pounds too. Should I just eat meat and cut all the carbohydrate completely? Am I in heaven now?

#14 user, Aug 24, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  15. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

the problem with the atkins is that if you stop taking carbs, you have to go off forever if you want to stay thin and cannot cheat at all. if you reintroduce carbs into your system you will balloon like shawn kemp. people i know on the atkins cheat from time to time and actually get fatter.

16. SLA

SLA Member

He looks shorter but his shoes look nicer than at the All Star Game. He looks bigger than Bateer now.

17. cujo

cujo Member

how are u guys seeing his stomach being big??? x-ray vison?:confused:

18. WNBA

WNBA Member

From a picture posted somewhere not long ago.

Actually his stomach is big at his age as a professional basketball player. Obviousy he doesn't have good training in China.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This is very strange that Yao Ming has been advised to stop eating Meats!! He should 'only' cut out all the carbohydrates and root vegetables which provide carbohydrates. It means a lot of plain eating for two weeks and he would be back to his desired weight.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

NOt if you use your mind[will], after the origional diet period you will eat less at each meal and will avoid excesses of the sweet things. Of course you have to have the basic intelligence to benifit from the physical and mental positives of such a diet! The success of this diet demands that you realise what is good for you and that you comprehend the need for continual vigilance.