1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New UFC Undisputed 2009 Game (360&PS3)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRowdy111, Apr 23, 2009.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

UFC Undisputed 2009

I played the demo, and loved it. The demo has Mauricio "Shogun" Rua -vs -Chuck Liddell. You can pick either fighter. You can sometimes get the 3 sec KO, and sometimes you have to battle 3 rounds. The game has a great ground game that lets you transition from different positions on the ground (half guard, full guard, side control, north-south, rubber guard). Tons of submissions too, although they are difficult to pull off. I'm not sure if its just that the fighters in the demo are not submission fighters, but I have a hard time getting the submission win. There are kimora's, knee bars, ankle locks, triangle chokes, and more. One time I was fighting as Shogun Rua, and I had Chuck Liddell in the clinch, I popped him with a few close knees, and hit him with a left elbow, and then attempted a flying armbar (pretty sick move). The game has the flying knees and superman punches to add to the awesomeness of this game. the demo left me wanting more of this game. By far one of the coolest demos I have played. I would recommend trying the tutorial before playing the game, as the controls are deeper than you would expect. My demo impressions ---9/10.

"UFC Undisputed 2009" is slated to be released May 19 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Here is the complete roster:

Fighters will parantheses next to them can switch to that weight division.

Heavyweights: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Brock Lesnar, Frank Mir, Brandon Vera (LH), Gabriel Gonzaga, Cain Velasquez, Cheick Kongo, Eddie Sanchez, Heath Herring, Andrei Arlovski, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Fabricio Werdum, Tim Sylvia, Mark Coleman, Antoni Hardonk and Justin McCully.

Light-Heavyweights: Chuck Liddell, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, Keith Jardine, Wanderlei Silva, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Stephan Bonnar, James Irvin, Wilson Gouveia (MW), Houston Alexander, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Thiago Silva, Tim Boetsch, Ryan Bader (Gamestop).

Middleweights: Anderson Silva (LH), Rich Franklin (LH), Dan Henderson (LH), Michael Bisping (LH), Kendall Grove, Chris Leben, Jason MacDonald, Nate Marquardt, Drew McFedries, Ricardo Almeida, Evan Tanner, Yushin Okami, Demian Maia, Martin Kampmann (WW), Amir Sadollah (WW) and Thales Leites.

Welterweights: Georges St-Pierre, Matt Hughes, Matt Sera (LW), Jon Fitch, Karo Parisyan, Josh Koscheck, Diego Sanchez, Mike Swick (MW), Marcus Davis, Thiago Alves, Chris Lytle, Ben Saunders, Josh Burkman, Kyle Bradley, Matt Arroyo and Anthony Johnson.

Lightweights: BJ Penn (WW), Sean Sherk (WW), Kenny Florian, Roger Huerta, Joe Stevenson, Mac Danzig, Nathan Diaz, Spencer Fisher, Tyson Griffin, Gray Maynard, Thiago Tavares, Joe Lauzon, Rich Clementi, Mark Bocek, Hermes Franca, Frank Edgar and Efrain Escudero (Gamestop).

(Ryan Bader and Efrain Escudero will be downloadable characters available exclusively for Gamestop customers.)

If you reserve the game for $5 at Gamestop, you get a code to download the demo.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Fight Night Round 4 is going to kill this game.

3. RedRowdy111

I'm looking forward to both. I still play Fight Night Round 3 at least 2-3 times a week. Great game!

BUT.....after playing this demo, I think you might be suprised on how good this game really is. Have you played it yet?

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

When does it come out?

5. RedRowdy111

UFC game is May 19th

Fight Night Round 4 is June 30th.

6. Asian Sensation

Looks like Matt Hughes is on the cover of US and GSP on cover for Canada release. Should've put GSP on cover for all!

7. RedRowdy111

I'm a huge GSP fan too. Saw him lose to Serra at the Toyota Center. I might be wrong, but isnt Forrest Griffin on the US cover?

8. Asian Sensation

Shoot your right. They kinda look alike especially in the picture on wiki link and I totally confused the two.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_2009_Undisputed

9. RedRowdy111

So all white people look the same? J/K

10. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

I will be heading home today to get in a couple of hours with the demo. Hey RedRowdy111 can you play against someone online? I assume not because it is a demo, but it would be nice. And this game will blow out Fight Night Rd 4, but then again I love MMA compared to boxing.

11. RedRowdy111

No you can't play online, only local. You can however, play as 2 user guys against each other (1p vs 2p). Do the tutorial first, b/c if not you will just be throwing punches and kicks. The tutorial teaches you takedowns, ground game, clinches, etc. How good you master the elements of the tutorial depends on how much you do in the game. Also, stamina is the sole factor in executing submissions, so I would go into the options menu and turn on the stamina bar for a few bouts, so you can get a better feel of that.

Enjoy!

12. Asian Sensation

Sooo I played the demo last night and I'm tempted, really really tempted actually to pick this up. I've only bought 2 games COD4/NCA2009 since I bought by PS3 like 2 years ago. Not much of a gamer but the Demo was good. Anybody bought this yet and is it worth it?

13. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

This is the most entertaining game I've played in a while. Defiantly recommend for any gamer especially MMA fans.

Career Mode is fun although you cannot use current fighters only created ones. I created Fedor any am 7-0 right now just ran through Tim Sylvia on 2 weeks notice.

Online is the best part in my opinion. Xbox live does lag a little but its not unplayable. You can bring your created fighters online which can be pretty fun. (There is an option to play without created fighters online as well)

If you enjoyed the demo then I imagine you will love the game. If anybody wants to throw down online my xbl gamer tag is MAD0uble. Send my a f/r.

14. Asian Sensation

^^^ It must be good... for you too lurk for 3 months and make your first post in regards to this game. I'll pick it up after work. Thanks.

15. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I picked it up today and played non stop for 5 hours. I usually can't sit there and play a video game for more than an hour or so. The career mode is really fun but I haven't tried online yet. If you're an MMA fan, you have to pick it up. If you're a fighting game fan period, you have to pick it up.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I'll have to try the demo. I like MMA, but I watched my friend play the UFC demo and soon realized that it really isn't a game for spectators. It looked horribly boring. I'm sure it's much better when playing.

Definitely excited about Fight Night though. Really liked the last couple of games.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

This is really fun even though I'm too lazy to work on my ground game so if someone knows what they're doing I get destroyed lol

18. Asian Sensation

This games tight. Not much of a gamer but this is entertaining to say the least.

19. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

This game is killer! The graphics are fricking awesome! I rarely buy games anymore, but after playing the demo over and over I had to pick this up. I played it for about 6 hours of an on yesterday, and I cant wait to get home and play some more today. Great game, 9 out of 10 IMO. :cool:

20. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Great game. The career mode is a lot of fun. Online play lagged a ton and the connection ended up being lost, the three times I tried online play.