1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New trial opens the spotlight on the darkest parts of America's experiments with torture

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

He has every right to voice his view that policies he supported were inane, contrary to American laws and values and so he needs to distract with the logical fallacy of attacking the messenger. I encourage him to continue doing that. I could care less if he doesn't like me --but it's telling that he has no opinion on this. Because maybe there is no way to have a positive opinion on this topic.

If he examined more of the above, we'd probably have a more interesting conversation, but I've never seen him ask hard questions of his own stances.

Not sure why you're doing the same, but like--you do you. breh

I speak CALIFORNIA LOVE. dododo

#21 Northside Storm, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I was just curious why a canadian would have opinions on America. I don't think torture is humane either, but I do think the end justifies the means.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Probably true. You could care less. Because you do care a lot. You are a beta, all about "please like me...will you like me if I like you".

4. Northside Storm

I have opinions on France, Japan, Panama, fractional banking, Supreme Court legislation etc.

I don't like to restrict myself by nationality. You're free to have opinions on hockey and maple syrup so far as I'm concerned.

I'm not too sure what the "ends" are in this case or why that hasn't been tested in an open trial. This is especially worrying when the ends of mass torture in Iraq can be reasonably said to be a Shia-Sunni civil war in Iraq that inflamed tensions to its highest point.

5. Northside Storm

Hey ATW,

Who's the beta who is sprinkling this thread with your love for me.

Who's the beta that follows alpha around threads? Every time I post a thread it's like a flame to a moth.

Your worldview is hilarious. I'm sure you get a lot of women in Thailand. And this Neil Strauss s**t. LOL.

Now, if you're not going to bother actually addressing the thread topic, can you kindly f**k off? - Alpha

Come back if you want to talk mass torture rings.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Gotta say there isn't a lot to really debate here. You can either condemn our government's use of torture, or you can attempt to distract attention away from the subject.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Could you care less? Yup. You care enough to continue to type...and type...and type.

8. Northside Storm

LOL.

g'day mate. not addressing your "beta" ass anymore. What are you even in this thread for?

Please do continue personal attacks 20 pages later, thanks in advance.

#28 Northside Storm, Apr 27, 2016
  9. Northside Storm

People who can't condemn the excess use of power by their government are puzzling to me.

With that said, there is room for coherent arguments that the ends do justify the means--I just haven't seen any convincing ones so far that don't involve vague generalities.

10. Falcons Talon

Seriously couldn't care less about hockey, maple syrup, or your views. Just curious why you think they really matter.

11. Northside Storm

I'm curious to why you think they matter, seeing as you're engaging on the topic and posting. Thanks for bumping them up!

You're free to say my views don't matter--but the irony is that they matter enough for you to straight out say so--catch 22 no?

I don't think my views matter at all HERE of all places, but this is a good place to do a bit of light thinking/reflection. :)

I'm assuming you have nothing more to say about the topic itself. Too bad.

12. Falcons Talon

Lol....don't try to make yourself feel important. There's no irony in me saying what you have to say matters not and wondering why you feel like it should. No catch 22.

Oh and I never claimed I had anything to say about the original topic.

13. Northside Storm

There is irony: your irrelevance helps bump up my views, no matter how unimportant your conscious mind thinks they are--keep on doing it and you'll eventually attract people with actual views to this topic ;)

And the days I'd have to base my self-importance on Clutchfans of all places. LOL :p

You may have never claimed it but you did have something to say about the original topic before your mind recoiled:

I can only surmise you're leaving the plot now and refusing to justify what end, so sorry--I won't engage your points until you fix your mental incoherence and get back on topic. Which if you choose not to, cheers! Thanks for the free bumps, not that I care :)

14. Falcons Talon

Yeah I through that out there. Pretty general statement...I can't imagine you would actually accept that as a anything of substance. Nitpick away though if that's what gets you off.

15. Northside Storm

I'm not nitpicking anything. If you think this thread is irrelevant though, I don't get why you still want to post :confused:

I mean, goodbye man, seriously. It'll be better for both of us if you don't engage here if you don't want to.

16. Falcons Talon

Just to see how long I can keep you hooked.

[​IMG]

#36 Falcons Talon, Apr 27, 2016
  17. Northside Storm

great--I hope it gives you satisfaction. :)

18. Falcons Talon

I lol'ed.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lol it's hilarious when u play Dr.Phill stuffs...but could you keep your hand off your nipples and focus on topic. Thx

20. Northside Storm

good, glad I could make more happiness in the world.

Holla if you wanna discuss the topic srsly