1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Supergrass Album!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Elvis Costello, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Elvis Costello

I just heard the new cd from Supergrass, "Life on other planets," and it is like the Hope Diamond it is so brilliant! If you like trippy, rockin music with great melodies and harmonies where *every* song is immeadiately memorable..then get "Revolver." :D Oh, and this one! You will instantly be in a good mood when you listen to this.

I am going through a bit of a Beach Boys period right now and the harmonies on this album are comparable...a great compliment. There are also bits that sound like Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here," others that are punk and some songs that sound like early Marc Bolan and middle period David Bowie were cloned. Something like that. Danny is one of the best drummers on earth and each song has cool little parts that get better and better with each listen. Anyway, I've drooled all over the keyboard now, so I had better stop this before you all think I work for Supergrass, or something!

2. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I haven't heard it yet... but looks like some CD shopping is in order for the weekend!!

Supergrass rocks!

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'll probably get it. That's cool if there's some 70s glam sounds in there.

If you're in a Beach Boys mood, try the new one from ASH.

4. Elvis Costello

Thanks for the 411 on Ash. TheFreak. I kind of lost track of them after their first cd, which I thought was pretty cool.

I don't think the Supergrass cd is available for sale until September, though. I heard it online. I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Yeah... Supergrass not until September... but i did find some tracks on WinMX but it was impossible to download.

Oh, and FYI.... Queens of the Stone Age rock!!!

6. Elvis Costello

Rockhead says,

Queens of the Stone Age rock!!!

I could not agree with you more. I only got into them and Kyuss about 6 months ago, or so and I love them. Really heavy and melodic. They are playing in Houston with ...and you will know us by the trail of dead in a few weeks, I think. I wish I could see them.

Look for the Supergrass album on soulseek, by the way.