1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Start.... in Dallas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Dec 28, 2015.

1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Dallas Suburbs >>>>> Houston, Austin, SA Suburbs IMO.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Thanks Grendel!

Update: I've adjusted nicely IMO to the Irving Area. N McArthur is a nice comparison to Bay Area Blvd. plus I live within walking distance to Irving Convention Center which hosts events like Comic-Con! I work 10 minutes from the office, however since I'm outside sales I won't be here much. A lot of tollways unfortunately, but that is the only way to get around in a timely manner. Rent here is either chitty apartments for 700-900 or nice apartments for $1100+. There is no in-between. Other than that, I miss Root Sports but have found some online feeds that are okay I guess. Thanks agin for all the support and positive posts!

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

My company will talk to me today about a Dallas opening they possibly want me to take. I may have to read this thread if that happens. :(

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dallas has the worst weather in the country IMHO. You get it all, hot, humid, cold, blizzards, sleet, snow, ice storms, hail, thunderstorms, flooding, tornadoes, etc.. Now apparently you can even get fracking earthquakes LOL!!!

But the worst natural disaster of all, THE DOUCHERY!!!

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

With the possible exception of fracking earthquakes, all of that happens in Minnesota. (if you're going to count the handful of days where cold, snow, ice occur in Dallas, then you have to count the handful of days of heat and humidity in Minnesota).

6. dragician

dragician Member

the good thing is, you're closer to Gaylord hotel.

;)

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i've been to the twin cities and even up north to duluth several times for work. some of the nicest folks i've ever worked with, no douchery at all!!! i will say that minnesota has the worst mosquitoes in the entire country!!!

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Don't forget being the respiratory allergy ground zero of the country.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Was there last week for a company conference. Very nice hotel.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Very true about the Apt situation. Just a quick drive from most places, so should be easy to find plenty of things to do.

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

In Las Colinas/Irving yes. But if you look just west to Grapevine/Euless there are plenty of options. Well-run apartments in a decent area with 1 bedrooms starting around $800-$980. The price is low in Euless because its got a LOT of Nicer apartment complexes in 1 area and there are tons of single people there.

12. LCAhmed

Ah didn't know that! Saw your fb post, don't really get on there too much because I really want to focus on work and my life here now. So far DFW isn't bad! Toll ways are still kind of annoying (basically addison) but other than that I can't really complain. If there are any local meet ups (I imagine there was one yesterday that I missed) please let me know on here!

13. LCAhmed

Bump!

A little over a year progress update: I quit my old job back in April and got a great careerish job at a Financial institution where I get to grind out 40 hour work weeks in a cube. It's about 20 mins from home, but no traffic either direction when I drive (really nice). I got married to my best friend who moved up to Dallas from Houston for me, upgraded to a 2br apartment for our stuff. I spend way more time in the mid cities than I do in actual Dallas or Fort Worth. Mavs suck, Cowboys lost, all is good :).

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

And every time I go to Dallas you come back to Houston.

15. LCAhmed

I know, I'm sorry! :(