1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW ROSTER!!!! How do you distribute minuets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Feb 25, 2011.

1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Now that we have a set roster that will complete the season, im interested in how you guys would distribute minuets?

Based on a per 48 per position

Starting
    PG - K.Lowry - 30-32
    SG - K.Martin - 30-36
    SF - C.Budinger - 26-30
    PF - L.Scola - 28-32
    C - C.Hayes - 22-24

Bench
    PG - G.Dragic - 12-15 / T.Williams - 4-6
    SG - C.Lee - 14-17 / T.Williams - 4-6
    SF - T.Williams - 12-15 / C.Lee - 6-10
    PF - P.Patterson- 14-16 / C.Hayes - 4-8 / J.Hill 2-5
    C - B.Miller - 8-10 / H.Thabeet - 8-10 / J.Hill 2-5

Now Im not Rick so of course this line up would be adjusted according to player performance. But on Saturday my rotation would look something like this.

At the PG position:
    Of course Lowry starts, no question about that. I would play Dragic a max of 15 min, but also allow Twill to get a few mins in at the 1 preferably while DWilliams is in the game. Just to get a glimpse of how he can defend elite PGs.

At the SG position:
    Kevin will resume his role of our leading scorer. With Lee bringing the spark off of the bench as this position. I would also like to squeeze Williams in at the 2, maybe during the end of the half or maybe the end of the third depending on the score.

At the SF position:
    I finally give Williams his chance, Budinger will start because he has seniority and has complete knowledge of the offense. I prefer seeing Lee play the 3 rather than Martin, mainly because of his better man to man defense.

At the PF position:
    Big PPaTT will pretty much hold down the bench at this position. I would like to get him confident in his minuets. I would play Chuck at the 4 only when Thabeet is in the game

At the C position:
    Nothing here really changes, except of inserting Thabeet and exiting Hill. Jordan will mostly play garbage time at this position if any.

But these are my thoughts, would love to hear yours

2. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I think we need to get rid of Miller.

3. Apps

Apps Member

Well... it's a strange question but... I guess you have to find out who on the team plays the violin, viola, cello and bass... not to mention the oboes and bassoons. Distributing them, though? Do you mean piece by piece, or sheet music per musician?

4 people like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would probably cut the regular starters minutes down to 25ish for the rest of the season, just to give the young guys (Thabeet, T-Will, PPat, Hill) a little more time to develop. We're not getting into the playoffs anyway.

5. Rockets_4_life

[rquoter]
    Bench
    PG - G.Dragic - 12-15 / <strike>T.Williams - 4-6</strike>
    SG - C.Lee - 14-17 / <strike>T.Williams - 4-6</strike>
    SF - T.Williams - 12-15 / <strike>C.Lee - 6-10</strike>
    PF - P.Patterson- 14-16 / <strike>C.Hayes - 4-8</strike> / J.Hill 2-5
    C - <strike>B.Miller - 8-10</strike> / H.Thabeet - 8-10 / J.Hill 2-5[/rquoter]

Looking at your bench minute distribution, I see no reason as to why Miller needs to get any minutes at all given that we are developing our young talent. Plus, Chuck Hayes is already starting and should not be taking minutes from our young PF's. Also Williams and Lee should go ahead and receive all the minutes available at their back-up position, and the same thing for Dragic. Brad Miller will become the new Jared Jeffries and Brain Cook..

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

What's even better is that he spelled it wrong twice....

anyhow

Lowry 30 / Dragic 18
    Martin 18 / T- Willy 30
    Lee 24 / Bud 24
    Patterson 35 / Scola 13
    Thabeet 20 / Hayes 24

Develop the young guys!

7. tested911

tested911 Member

EASY.... Start Drajic,T-Williams,P. Pat, Filler from D-League, J.Hill

It's called rebuilding and finding an all-star in our lineup :)

8. AggieRocketsFan

Miller is going to play a big part in developing our young talent, on and off the court.

9. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The thing is, we are not trying to develop young guys, the Rockets are still trying to make a push for the playoffs. Its sad to say it but Brad is our best Center on team, Chuck is a PF and so is Jordan, So i guess that would be why he would get mins.

You would want to play Chuck with Thabeet to make up for the lack of IQ that Thabeet brings.

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Considering I did this on my phone, I think i did pretty good for only two spelling errors....lol

11. kayc

kayc Member

Agreeeeee!!!!!

12. kayc

kayc Member

I know this doesn't relate..but i can't make Threads yet. What if ....during the DRAft we can pull Cousins from the KINGS with are draft picks :grin: OMG! Keep cutting up with your current team Cousins, so you can come play for the ROCKETS with the PAT-ATTACK!!! :grin:

13. alethios

alethios Member

LOL! that's good stuff! I say use a pretty girl to distribute the minuets :p

14. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Its pretty funny, at this point last year we had maybe 3 big guys worth playing

Now we have 6 that deserve playing time to a certain point, yet still no sure answer at the C position lol

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

do you think Brad Miller feels any shame that Chuck Hayes is preferable to him at center?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rough estimates. Really dont see much changing with the guys that were already here(Obviously besides Budinger).

PG: Lowry(30)/Dragic(13)
    SG: Martin(31)/Lee(18)
    SF: Budinger(29)/Williams(7 if he's lucky ;))/(Carroll(IA))
    PF: Scola(33)/Patterson(16)/Hill(10)
    C: Hayes(28)/Miller(12)/(Thabeet(IA))/(Yao(hurt)(IA))

Rick will have to prove otherwise about Williams and I have my doubts about him playing Thabeet. Williams imo moves from 15th man IA to say...10th, 11th, or 12th man. We'll see.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I would put Hasheem Thabeet ahead of Brad Miller in my rotation. Brad Miller is just plain horrible.

18. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

T-Will: I think it will be a disaster to give him minutes he doesn't earn. He will end up being Von Wafer. He will progress skill-wise, somewhat. I would not give him more than 12 minutes a game. I would try to give Lee SF minutes.

Hill: I think he will be ahead of Thabeet on the C chart. Not that he's a star, but I think he's ahead of Thabeet.

19. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

lol repped.

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

PG: Lowry (32)/ Dragic (10) / T will (6)
    SG: Martin (32)/ Lee (12) / Twill (4)
    SF: Budinger (28) / Lee (10) / Twill (10)
    PF: Scola (32) / Patterson (10) / Hill (6)
    C: Hayes (22) / Patterson (14) / Miller (10) / Hill or Thabeet (2)