1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

new respect for the mailman?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zoork34, Oct 29, 2003.

1. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

i dont know about yall, but i am torn. first of all, im torn becuase i dont want to like the lakers, but they are so fun to watch its hard not to. second, i want to hate the mailman like i always have. but, after hearing what he said last night in his post-game interview on TNT its hard not to like him. his attitude was great and heck, he's 40 years old and was 1 assist shy of a triple double. so yeah, i dont know what to think......what do yall think?

2. rothdaniel

rothdaniel Member

Malone should have a big year. He never played with someone like Shaq (apologies to Mark Eaton and Greg Ostertag) drawing the other teams best defender.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Oh man Shaq called Kenny a bum :D

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

And I like Karl Malone now that Karl Malone is wearing Lakers gold instead of Utah purple. Karl Malone is a good player.

5. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

yeah man shaq is goin down for that

6. jamma34

jamma34 Member

what did he say in the interview?

7. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Malone is a machine, did ya notice that the 40 year old was the only one to dive on the floor for a loose ball. And that was when the Lakers were up 16 points. Malone deserves everything it looks like he is going to get.

8. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i hate malone to the deepest of my soul.. but what he said the other night "It is not what's written in the back of your jersey.. It's what's written on the front.." i found a new light of respect to malone. i think he really deserves to win a championship eventhough he's gonna do it the wuss way.

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

While I semi-respect Malone because for his basketball abilities (not his cheating), I still hate the man because of his hunting, republican ways. Screw the b*stard!

But go Lakers. What can I say? I'm a Payton fan.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

he sure did have a great game last night.

1 assist away from a triple double.

11. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I hate him because of the bear hug period. We could have been 3 time champs damn it!

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care what Karl Malone says, I hate the guy. I don't think I will ever stop. He was in Utah so long, it is ingrained into my soul. The mere mention of Karl Malone's name invokes an ire in me rivaled by few people in the world, let alone athletes. Regardless of his team, he will always be an ignorant, dirty, flopping ass butt who I hope never, ever wins a championship.

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If I were Kenny, I would flash that 1995 championship ring right in Shaq's face.

14. rudager

rudager Member

Am I still on a Rockets board?! This is Karl Malone, the second dirtiest, cheatingest player ever (the first being Flopton)!

I liked the Lakers the past few years. Kobe and Shaq are great players. Hating the Yankees is one thing, but the Lakers are subject to the same restrictions the rest of the league's teams are. Don't hate them just because they're good. Anyway, I have to root against them now because I really don't want Malone to get a championship.

Ack! Hitler was a good orator!

Malone deserves nothing. He has regularly betrayed the very idea of sportsmanship.

That "on the front" statement is as lame and automatic as "We've got to take it one game at a time." He's a cheat and a phony.

:mad:

15. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

why? Shaq would just flash his three rings.

16. Holy Cow

Holy Cow Member

Remember who's playing the Rockets in the championship series? :D The 3 rings Shaq shows are nothing ... :rolleyes:

17. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Weird, I'm the total opposite! ;)