1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

new orleans...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Nov 6, 2008.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

The last time I visited was for a work convention and we stayed at the Royal Sonesta Hotel right off of Bourbon Street and right across the street from Rick's. :) Very Nice place, just ask for a room away from the street near the third story pool, that way you won't hear all of the noise. I usually went to sleep at 3 and had to wake at 8, so I really heard nothing. Not the best place to have conventions. Everyone looked like Zombies after one night there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#41 LonghornFan, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i can easily third this. went to new orleans for the first time last year. had a nice room overlooking the mississippi. comfortable distance to and fro the french quarter.

3. Toast

Toast Member

Houston has culture. It's just waaay different than New Orleans's culture.

New Orleans is a GREAT city to visit, a horrible place to live. Trust me. I was born there, and still have lots of family there.

But it's definitely distinct. The food, the music, architecture, zoo ... all with its own style.

But if you think humidity in Houston's bad, try a New Orleans summer day. And having been to my fair share, I'd steer clear of New Orleans for Mardi Gras.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Great place.

And I agree entirely with Toast...when you're from Houston and you think it's humid, then you must be in NOLA! :) The only place I've ever been too where I felt like it was more humid than home. Orlando is as humid as Houston..but NOLA is even more.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lol. not sure if serious.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

which part?