1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Nike "Three the Harden Way" T-Shirt (UPDATE: Now available for sale)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac2therack, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. Jakej90

Jakej90 Member

Got mine at Katy Mills Footlocker on Saturday.

3. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I actually just bought that shirt, but they informed me that they've had some issues with the ink they use - after washing it once it starts to run. So I would look into that before purchasing.

4. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

The nike one is a sweet shirt, but it has to air dry. No dryer for this one. I have washed it twice though and the beard is starting to get some imperfections on it. Still an awesome shirt though.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey Mkieke, I'm in the loop with the KHB people.

What happened was the supplier provided rushed shirts and they looked great, but 2 days later after a customer washed his it began to run, and they found out that the entire initial run had not been cured properly and therefore the colors were running during washing.

They halted sales and over the weekend they had all the shirts returned and replaced and they've now resumed selling shirts that have been thoroughly tested and are guaranteed satisfactory.

They resumed shipping today so I would think you'll be getting your replacement either tomorrow or Thursday.

#65 moestavern19, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I was gonna wash mine inside out.

7. tmoney1101

I'll pay the extra 10 for Nike and dry-fit.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well nobody can compete with a global brand and sweatshop labor.

KHB are just some local guys putting together a cool shirt that brings together the way the city feels about its new superstar basketball player, while also playing on the popular "Keep Austin Weird" motif.

Some people will like it and buy it, some people prefer only the national brands and thats cool too.

Whatever floats your boat.

9. tmoney1101

I'm not saying i wouldn't buy it, just saying I'll spring the extra 10 for a quality upgrade. It's a cool shirt.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No worries.

The felt beard thing is pretty cool, but I wonder how it will hold up after extended washing.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

moes, do you know what brand the shirt is? Looks neat, but I just don't like the cut of Gildan shirts. Just want to know what it is before I buy it.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This first run is Tultex.

They run a tad big.

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Thanks for the info, moes. And right on cue, I just got an email from them letting me know they are shipping a replacement immediately.

It's a really cool shirt, and the material is very nice/comfortable (similar to the Nike Dri-Fit). Supporting a local company is always nice, especially when they have such a neat product.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Right on man. Good to hear.

15. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Go to Chuy's, I'll let you figure out the rest. I can only vouch for the one on Westheimer, next to Pollo Feliz (?).

16. tmoney1101

I'm not sure, it's felt. Tag says wash it inside out, we'll see how it goes.

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Mine got ruined after one wash (turned inside-out and in cold water). I'm pretty disappointed... I only wore it once! I'm thinking I have to get in contact with Nike's quality department to get a replacement, but that's still a drag.

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I just ordered one. Thanks for sharing. Support the locals! (I also bought the nike one)

19. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

got mine today at House of Hoops. They said they had 8 people come in today to buy them. When i left there were about 4 larges and 4 mediums,

20. askball

askball Member

The exact same thing happened to me. I wore the shirt a couple times last week and finally washed it yesterday. I followed the directions on the tag exactly but the felt beard came out with white spots/patches all over it.

I took the shirt to my local Nike store today and they replaced it for me, citing "discoloration" as the reason for the return. I'd advise trying the same thing.

I still have no idea how I'll wash the new shirt going forward.

Anyone have any advice?