1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

new membership?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Rule0001, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

was wondering if the offer for creating accounts for those willing to donate to the tipjar to go to hosting cost was still valid?

had a friend who was interested in joining and will donate off the bat.

sorry if this wasn't the place to ask this.

-RULE0001

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That would be fine. Please note the post in the GARM that Clutch will be out until around Sunday so anyone who contributes won't have access until then. Thanks.

3. Rule0001

cool

appreciate the answer Jeff.

gave clutch an email so suppose he'll see it sunday then :cool:

4. Rule0001

hmm any update?

jeff?clutch?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Rule0001 - can you fill me in by dropping me an email? I've been out of pocket for a week to two and thought I had caught up on all emails/contributions, but don't see an email (or can't find one) from you.

Thanks,
    Clutch

6. Rule0001

will do so.

coming from a gmail addy just so ya know its not spam :]

#6 Rule0001, Jul 9, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  7. ayears

ayears Member

A serious question, Clutch. Is it ok if I donate here in RMB, not US dollars? (I have US $$, but donating in RMB is more convenient for me.) And if I send a check instead of using my credit card, is this address ok?

8. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

To Clutch or Moderators,

Hey guys I really love the sight but this is the third time that I have been banned even though I contributed about a while ago. I was just able to get on this sight tonight. When I got home, earlier it said that when the board is busy its only available to contributing members. I just wanted to write this here because I noticed that when I post it still only says "member" and not "contributing member". I know the payment went through because its on my credit card statement.

Anyway I know you guys are all busy and you have your lives to run outside of this sight but Please Please dont ban me when its busy anymore, its frustrating to know that I gave but am not recognized. Anyway thanks again for the sight I visit multiple times per day.

9. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Well, this is a great websight; I'm sure the Moderators will accommodate you soon.

But I was having a drink with Phil Gardner earlier last night and he was saying how Jimmy Williams hates this sight. Go figure.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Rox_fan_here - this really doesn't belong in this thread - please use the email route.

Email me the details of when you paid. Some people do not mention their username when they contribute and do it from an email address that does not have a BBS account. I email those contributions requesting to know their BBS account so I can grant permissions. If they don't respond, there's nothing I can do.

I do not have a single contribution that mentions the username Rox_fan_here nor one from the email address on your account. Please email the the email address that you used via PayPal.

11. ayears

ayears Member

Clutch Crew,

I didn't check this thread until now cause I haven't logged in here for nearly a week... but hi, what does it mean that you leave my "serious Q" unanswered;) Is it because "this really doesn't belong in this thread - please use the email route."-- similar to the situation of Rox_fan_here, or... you've got enough contribution to ignore the calls from China??

In fact, this is a question I asked in the interest of many chinese fans here. They indeed wanna contribute to the tip-jar, but fail to do so for many reasons: e.g. some have no credit card; some have no foreign currency, others don't wanna reveal their personal info... etc... (please understand that, cause in China many people used to paying sth. by cash instead of using bank cards, they kinda feel that it's relatively insecure way to consume or whatever by doing that even if they sometimes pay by paypal...)

So Clutch/Clutch Crew, please give our chinese fans here a clear answer ... .. unless you hold it scorn to get any contribution from those chinese fans;)

ayears

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Just bring the cash to me, and I'll see what I can do. :)

13. anemone

anemone New Member

oh ayears, thank for your voice. :D on your vocation now? email me when you see this reply; I'm on duty @ YC;) I need your help... and B2 is also there...

14. ayears

ayears Member

hahaha.... .. "vocation" or "vacation", G.?:confused: I smell ... another request email, you "lazy" guy! Find me at the right place next time, g, NOT here;)

15. ayears

ayears Member

Not related to the problem of paying in cash or in check or whatever, Easy. You might mistook it... I just cited those 'paying in cash thing' to argue our different paying habits. Anyways, Easy, thanks! appreciate! :)
    <hr>
    I post my request here asking advice from Clutch/Clutch Crew cuz I wanna know if it's feasible for us chinese fans to contribute the tip-jar in RMB.

If Clutch did give us a positive answer, then that means you guys are generous enough to open a door for fans from China to contribute something here; if not... ok, that's fine.

btw, I personally have the credit card, also I haven't been that addict to this site so as to have to "paying for go, go away" or "paying to stay" like some posters here;) I mean my post is serverable for all chinese fans who feel reluctant to use credit card on Internet or whatever reasons... ... hoping to get the thing done in another way, say, payable check in RMB, not only for myself.

So Clutch, this is my last post about this topic. If you Cluch Crew leave it unanswered, I'll certainly understand what you mean;) Not a big deal at all.

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

First, what are RMB?

Second, I seriously doubt that paying in RMB would be feasible. I assume that it would mean going to a bank and getting them converted and that is not really feasible.

17. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Am I allowed to pay in Rupees? I had some left over when I beat The Legend of Zelda.

18. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Renminbi, China's official state currency.

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i thought china uses Yuan???

doesn't paypal let you use any currency... i mean you pay in US dollars, but it comes pff your card in your local currency

20. ayears

ayears Member

ok, got it... our contribute( including the accounts of my friends on this board) to the tipjar will arriving before new season, of curse in US $$ instead of RMB.

thanks to reply, Jeff.