1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New McHale Interview: "Recharge your batteries?!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Mar 12, 2013.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Point blank it's put up or shut up time for the team AND McHale. Home stand is crucial and if Rox continue to play inconsistent and especially continue to lose to bad teams down the stretch, all of McHale's grandstanding with the media doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It will be a failure on the team and him as coach.

2. Anxiety Trooper

There are plenty of examples of players that are contribute right away in the NBA that were overlooked by 31 other teams. Wesley Matthews, Paul Milsap, Carl Laundry, etc. etc.

My point is Morey has a track record of identifying undervalued players that succeed when brought to Houston. Mchale's record as a GM & coach prior to Houston is not very good. He's found gems with multiple coaches at the helm. I'm positive he'll continue doing so long after Mchale is no longer in Houston.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think McHale demands every player be as good as Larry Bird or Kevin Garnett (or Kevin McHale), and it's great for the players.

4. Anxiety Trooper

Agreed. He's done a fantastic job with CP. I'm less than thrilled with his work on Morris, TJones & Dmo.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

McHale chose to play basketball even when it meant he'd walk with a limp for the rest of his life. He chose to stay on the court at the detriment of his career and the rest of his days.

There are certainly things you can criticize McHale about. Our players lack of focus and hustle on defense means he doesn't run a tight ship. But there's no question about his dedication to the game.f

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Great example.
    Actions speak louder than words people.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Yeah, how do you? :rolleyes:

8. Anxiety Trooper

Sarcasm meter broke?

9. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

mcdonalds should be thankful to have all these talented, smart, and young players to coach. yet he pisses all over the team and their chance of getting into the playoffs.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I hope so. But there's so much venom here against McHale that I honestly am not sure.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No.... They're really not.

12. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Great, the good news is that this man knows how to talk, the bad news is that this man only knows how to talk.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Last I checked we were currently seeded 7th, and have 12 of the last 18 games at home.

Only 5 of those 12 home games remaining are against playoff teams.

You'd have to say McHale has done a pretty damn good job to get one of the most inexperienced lineups in history into the playoff picture at this stage of the season?
    Unless you're an imbecile that is?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1 game away from 9th place. Good job, Morey.

15. Anxiety Trooper

You're act got old quick son:rolleyes:

You should ask clutch to change your username to Patrick Patterson

16. red32

red32 Member

Grumpy McHale needs to chill a little.

17. THELANDLORD

THELANDLORD Member

Yeah, what NBA coach isn't enthralled to have a bunch of 23 year olds to coach? ???? Oh wait... That's right: No coach in the ****ing league wants a young roster.

Smart? Making the same mistakes and TO's game after game like Jeremy and James do isn't on the coaches (you think that someone probably tells them not to do that ****?), it's on the players for being dip ****s. James passed the ball straight to Markief Morris last game, should be on Shaq'n-a-fool. They both have a proclivity for cross court passing that either sails over our guys' head or goes the other way for 2 points. We have guys who don't even call screen coverages because they get confused (T Rob and Dmo!). At best in terms of intelligence, this team is a "not stupid" in the grand scheme of things. With 2pat at our 4, we were probably average to above average.

18. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Tons of respect for that quote. I'm not a fan of McHale's Xs and Os, but he does have the right attitude about the game.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am pretty sure Jeremy Lin does that. :)

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

One of these days I imagine you'll get over it...