1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New mar1juana Studies- maybe not so safe?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr. Clutch, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

There is a very clear difference that obviously don't factor into your paranoid fantasies.

It is very easy for the home consumer to grow, cure and smoke mar1juana without anyone interferring with the process.

If one were to grow their own tobacco, (not illegal right now I should point out) at least they would be getting their nicotine fix without the chemicals and preservatives that the tobacco companies use to help the tobacco stay fresh.

The mar1juana that one would buy from the store would be the same as you could grow yourself because the dispensaries dont have to add anything to keep their product smokable like tobacco companies do.

anything else is just paranoid fearmongering.

2. SexyButIgnorant

Weed must be illegal. Just like masturbation. We've got to stop puffin' and pullin'.

3. bongman

bongman Member

I was gonna make a post but I already forgot what was on mind.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It might just be mental after it clears your system but it stays in your system for a while. That impacts your decision on smoking more.

Can you expand on that?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well depending on what you're smoking, you're only high for maybe a few hours, sure it stays in your system up to a month, but there's no evidence that says that your decision making is impaired that whole time. Even then, most of the poor decision making that happens is fast food related. Smoking weed is more of a habit than addiction, think of it like someone who bites their fingernails or a child who has a security blanket.

Several years back I had some friends who claimed that they couldn't go to sleep unless they smoked and were freaking out because their guy got locked up. Guess what? They ended up sleeping.

The way I see it, smoking weed can't possibly be completely harmless because you're still inhaling hot smoke and I doubt that's harmless in the long run. That said, it's not THAT bad for you and there's no good reason why it's illegal.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

219 - 8 = 168... no big deal

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Smokin' & strokin' ?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Packin' & jackin'.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The Bong & Schlong? :grin:

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"Some friends."

Glad you don't have to take lunesta.

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

all you had to do was follow the damn train CJ

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Heh, when you have Jameson, you don't need Lunesta or weed.

14. val_modus

val_modus Member

So if all these studies are being done and these are the findings of it... why is mar1juana still a schedule I drug? As a future pharmacist I study Schedule II and III drugs and can tell you that their possible side effects (not just long term, but short term as well), are immensely more dangerous than that of THC. Politics... Alcohol and tobacco can't be losing that money :/

15. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

An already paid for health crisis (assuming one actually comes to fruition) since the drugs themselves are being taxed. Thus, the "tax payers" who will be footing that bill will be the very ones using the products. Seems symmetrical and logical, doesn't it?

16. GladiatoRowdy

The only way you are going to grow what they have in stores in CO and WA is to buy a **** ton of equipment and start experimenting for a few years. Or, you could go into the store and just buy what you want. Need to overcome insomnia? This is the strain for you. Want to create a romantic situation? You need this other brand.

You could grow some at home, but it will be of sufficiently lower grade that most will simply go to the store, as they do for all other consumables.

17. GladiatoRowdy

I have to take Ambien and Tylenol PM along with Melatonin to function as a normal, healthy adult.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Should I bump the thread when I warned of this incredibly potent and addictive mar1juana? 'Hippie heroin' and 'Crystal Mary' are accurate descriptions of these ultra-powerful forms of mar1juana.

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've got a friend that grew his own Jack Herer in a closet, in a townhome.
    He produced enough for his own massive use. I'm not sure where the original clone came from but he would clone off the plant before harvesting and had a continuous growth cycle. He did have maybe a couple of hundred dollars worth of the differing lights it took to bring it to flower. Sadly, he married a woman that had a kid and had to finally stop.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You should