1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Injury: Pat Beverley sprains his knee (UPDATE: Cleared to play Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Go back to your lin fan site, groupie

2. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Agree with this. He wanted to nail Bev, but not necessarily hurt him. Pick was away from the ball and LMA knew he could hit Bev when he wasn't looking.

3. arjun

arjun Member

well, im assuming we will find out some information by 1-2PM?

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Right, which is way different than what Bev did in OKC. I don't think he intended to hurt Bev any more than any other hard screen that players set. But comparing this to the Westbrook incident is dumb. Two different situations.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

WOW!!!!

I can't believe some of you actually believe there will be no drop off with Bev out.. Lin is not Bev on defense and he never will be.

Bev is very important to this team, he brings that energy, that spirit and that will to fight to the very end. Bev reminds me a lot of Dennis Rodman on defense, they go all out 200% on every play. Bev took Lillard out his game last night, he got into his head and not any player can do that.

There is no player that can stop a good offensive player, all you can try to do is slow him down and take him out of his game. Bev does a good job at that and Lin can't do that. So please stop saying and thinking that there want be a drop off with Lin holding Lillard.

Also, Bev is not a superstar and it is up to our stars to step up; but neither was Mario Ellie and he was the spirit of those Rocket Championships.... You just cannot under estimate guys like this, they bring that heart that most of your superstars don't have.

T_Man

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Are you guys saying... with the addition of Dwight Howard.... loosing Bev means first round exist?

Sounds like Bev is the 80mil player.

If that is true, I am extreme disappointed in Dwight, because signing him made no improvement to the playoff series.

Next game is a must win, loosing is NOT an option

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i don't see it. anyone who doesn't see a pick coming isn't ready for the impact. it's going to look worse than it is. it's like running into a pole when you're staring at the hot chick across the street. if you happen to bruise your head it's not the pole's fault. the fact that beverly got injured isn't LMA's fault. you could argue beverly should have watched where he was going.

and considering LMA already had 5 fouls if they wanted to give beverly a hip check i think they would have chosen someone else.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's a little dude and LMA set a huge pick, which made the contact a lot worse. Here's hoping it's just a sprain...

9. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

of course, there is a dropoff from bev to lin but lin is decent enough on the defensive end...the real problem is the dropoff from lin to canaan, who i assumed will take the bulk of the minutes . He can shoot but he is a turnstile on d.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

that trade with Aaron brooks looks really dumb right now

Jordan Hamilton WHO??

11. torocan

torocan Member

Actually, I would argue that it's more on whoever was suppose to be guarding LMA. If your man is LMA you're supposed to be closer and call out that LMA was setting a back pick.

The help defense was definitely not good especially on the PnR and rotations, and it seems like there's a persistent loss of communication on the defensive end far more often then there should be.

12. Joe-House

Joe-House Rookie

Patrick Beverley is so much better than any pg we have on our roster. The series is over if he's out for the playoffs

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Are you kidding me? I'm a big Beverly fan as much as the next guy be he doesn't make or break this team. Some of you guys are making it sound like we just lost Howard or Harden for the playoffs.

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I couldn't sleep last night and my mood has been really grumpy today. I don't even care about the loss anymore, I just want beverly to be healthy.

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Here is the video:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ts93-iG3HN8?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

I just don't see the reason to set a pick on Beverley when Lillard doesn't even have the ball in his hand. Aldridge deliberately set the pick to knock him down. There is no real explanation for why he would be setting a pick at mid court for Lillard to get by when Williams has the ball on the other side of the court.

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Even funnier was his disbelief at being called for one of the most obvious fouls in NBA history

17. afk

afk Member

Wow... just wow....

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

players off the ball get picked all the time. it looked like a clean pick to me, no lowering of a shoulder. LMA sets it to do exactly as you said. Get Lillard free. beverly gets knocked down because he wasn't expecting it and LMA is twice his size.

again, LMA had 5 fouls. why would he of all the blazers players risk getting fouled out?

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Let's hope it's a minor sprain and he will be back for the 2nd round.

20. torocan

torocan Member

It was clean in that it wasn't a lowering of the shoulder or a hip check. It wasn't clean in that it was clearly a moving pick.

And whoever was supposed to be guarding LMA should have been close enough to warn Beverley that the pick was coming. Beverley got blindsided because his team mates weren't watching out for him to warn him.