1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Injury: Pat Beverley sprains his knee (UPDATE: Cleared to play Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Doesn't take a beautiful mind to make a few minor adjustments substitution wise and not sit a hot shooting Chandler Parsons on the bench for instance. Doesn't take a beautiful mind to call timeouts or switch your defensive formations up a little to throw the other teams rhythm off. The coach controls those little things. Now if the players do it and then they lose on the floor for lack of effort or execution then you see that's on the players but Mchale doesn't do much to make our situation a more advantageous one.

2. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

He was seriously dialled in all game. I could feel his focus through my TV. Incredible, indeed!

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Normally I'd roll my eyes and call you a drama queen at the loss of a role player...but I have to begrudgingly admit my feelings are leaning the same way yours are. There's something about a guy going crazy on the defensive end that seems to silently pressure other guys to step it up as well. Without Beverly, I feel like our perimeter starters defensive mindset loses a lot of intensity. Plus, he and Harden have been a pretty good combo this year. Lin and Harden on the other hand is almost cringeworthy sometimes.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Hope I'm wrong, but I would be extremely shocked if we don't get the announcement ruling him out for the rest of the postseason in a few hours. He could barely stand after the first contact last night -- I think he got back out there running on sheer adrenaline.

Furious they did not force him to sit when he first got hurt. He's the guy who's always going to object and want to argue his way back in... but if I know that, they have to know it too. Somebody has to say NO.

Enormous blow.

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

why does the intent change dependent on how beverly's knee is? and why is LMA going to risk being fouled out of a playoff game?:rolleyes:

there was nothing dirty about it. just like there was nothing dirty about Beverly trying to steal the ball from russell westbrook and injuring him.

6. arjun

arjun Member

Hope it's just a deep bruise or something

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is exactly what methlahoma city fans were praying for. Damn damn damn.

8. kastuul

kastuul Member

If Bev decided to come back and continue to play reckless, his career would be in danger. If this happens it will be on Morey, McHale, Harden, Chron, Houston media, ESPN, Chris Webber, Charles Barkley and the entire Lin's hater crowd for making him believing he's an elite defensive insanity.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol. You just provided more ethos to the claim that Bev is an elite defender. Weber and Barkley know about good defense. Harden plays alongside him, Morey scouted him, McHale is confident enough to start him.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The only voices of reason in this world are LOFs. I appreciate you guys looking out for him.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Please go celebrate somewhere else.

12. JBar

JBar Rookie

By in large the LOHs have been worse than the LOFs in recent weeks. But a post like this reminds me just how bad the worst LOFs can be.

13. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Being at the game, words cannot describe how he single handedly got the croud pumped with this intensity. Watching him being helped of the court at the end of the game was harder to watch than Harden's hero ball failure. This makes me want to cry. I think we can still win the series without the Wolverine but definitely cant do much against the Spurs. Sigh

14. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Not having Bev should be no excuse vs Portland. No disrespect to Portland but, Howard and Harden alone should be enough to beat them. It would be on Howard and Harden, not Bev.

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

"Make him believe"? I don't think that I am going out on a limb here when I say that they MAY know more about the game than you do

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

No it wasn't...don't be a classless fan like OKC when Bev didn't intend to injure Westbrook...

1 person likes this.
  17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

agree. funny how when it's your guy that gets hurt the perspective changes.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Rox need to shut Bev down for the rest of their season, save him from himself. Like I said in another thread, if Rox can't win this series with Howard and Harden still healthy and able to play, they didn't deserve to win and Portland was just the better team. Howard and Harden should still be enough to carry the Rox past Portland. But like I've been saying in several threads as well, I truly believe the Rox demise, even with Bev, will be bad coaching with McHale at the helm.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I don't believe he set that pick to deliberately hurt Beverley. I do think the pick was completely unnecessary and he had the intention of knocking Beverley down though.

20. strifed169

strifed169 Member

"listen guys the first team to play defense is gonna win"

[​IMG]