1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Injury: Pat Beverley sprains his knee (UPDATE: Cleared to play Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2014.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

saw the game and remember seeing the replay. the rockets announcers said nothing at the time on csn. knew it was gonna be pretty bad. his knee just buckled. pretty gross looking.

that said, would not be surprised if pat bev literally put duct tape around his kneepad and played next game anyway.

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

The pick by LMA was deliberately set to possibly injure PB. I guess LMA decided he needed to look out for his boy Lillard. Time for payback....

3. conquistador#11

anyone have a gif of that screen? the tnt broadcast showed no replay

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think they wanted to end his season, but the pick was definitely set to knock him down. There's no other reason to send your big man to set that screen.

5. JBar

JBar Rookie

Trying to rile up the troops, Sergeant?

6. keldraco

keldraco Member

yeah... he deliberately set that pick to possibly injure PB so that he can foul out and help his team to win...

7. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

It wasn't on purpose. I dont think any player goes intentionally to hurt another (very rare nowadays), they understand, man's gotta eat. Lillard got hurt colliding with Dwight, was that on purpose in any kind of way, no

8. Classic

Classic Member

Bev was obviously hurt after that collision. TNT showed him hundled over under the basket and Keith Jones was talking to him.

Bev pushed him off and went out on the court.

Next defensive possession Bev blocked Lillard's drive out of bounds.

Possession after the block Damian flew by Bev to the basket for the phantom and 1 and Bev fouled out.

Bev got blown by on those two possessions. Knew he was done.

I had feeling of Yao (to a lesser extent) from 09 all over.

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

if bev is out for the playoffs...that was a dirty pick and the blazers were targeting bev

i hope LMA or Lillard tear an acl dont care what you guys think.

10. yummyhawtsauce

im emotionally spent, I hope everyone else rallies around him if he can't go...wonder how the team will respond next game...mchale please draw up some more creative sets

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Mchale won't do anything differently... he will just tell the guys to simply play harder.

12. conquistador#11

mchale can go all 'beautiful mind' on the black board but if their players don't obey orders and just free style it, it's all for not.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yup...I know this is no Shaq and Kobe, but they sure as hell wouldn't blame on their scrub pg being out. Love the hustle Bev brings, but he is waaaaaay overrated on this board.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Bingo, we have a winner! This is the MAIN takeaway from the game: their stars outplayed our stars. Period. Bev is a role player, will be missed, BUT….it is on Howard and Harden.

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

He will be back by game 3...hopefully just a bruise or hyper extended knee.

16. King901

King901 Member

Says who?

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

The starting lineup won't be there same without Bev. I said it weeks ago that Bev is the heart and soul of the starters. He is the one who glues a couple of mental midget superstars together.

Despite popular belief, Lilliard was having his way with Bev all season, including last night's game. He played way up too close for easy blow by's. This is one area Bev needs to improve if he ever wants to make the first defensive team; when to play close and when to give space.

The game Rockets won easily in Portland, while Bev was just coming off his hand injury, Lin started and did a great job on Dame and IIRC, Blazers announcer mentioned a couple of time how Lin took out Dame's game.

I don't believe the coaching staff looked at any of the films against Blazers or they wouldn't put Parsons on Lilliard on the last possession. Bad decision there!

Hope Bev can come back FULLY healthy if we ever advance into the next round. If there is any doubt about his injury, force him to sit til next season. Not worth it!

18. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

We should be Fine

Lin plays alright D vs Lillard.

19. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I love Bev and his spirit. But if he doesn't take care of his body and adjust his style of plays, he will be out of the league before his current contract expires.

4th injure in a season now. Bev can't play like there is no tomorrow unless he comes up from bench or he bulks up significantly.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

(jabbing no-plays-ever-drawn-on-it clipboard with marker to emphasize his point)

McHale: "You've GOT to play HARDer, guys. You've got to want it. Play HARDer. PUSH the ball. Any questions?"

Parsons: (winking at teammates) "Yeah coach, how'd you want us to play? Show us that again?"

McHale: "You've GOT to play HARDer. HARDer. PUSH the ball."