1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Injury: Pat Beverley sprains his knee (UPDATE: Cleared to play Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

As I understand it, the meniscus tear is in a non-vital area of the meniscus. It will heal on its own without surgery unless it worsens but the idea is that since it is not in an area that is stressed it should not get any worse.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This ain't varsity blues here. You can't just assume that he's risking a career threatening injury by going out there on a minorly torn meniscus. And even Varsity Blues is a fictional story. Freak injuries are just that. Freaky.

3. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

No matter, we need 2 point guards.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Good news. We will know pretty quick if he can play and effective.

5. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Nor have you had a knee injury that went untreated I see

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What are you talking about? It's simply that the injury is in an area that does not require surgery. He's not a hopeless case in the long-term....his knee just needs time to heal, but he can play on it in the meantime. It also means he lacks stability which will also lead to more injuries like last night, but he's certainly not jeopardizing his career by playing.

7. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

honestly how can u not love this kid?

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

With the way Bev plays and his fragile build the guy is bound to get injuries. The same should hold true for next season, and the season after that. His career probably won't last long. That said, it'll be GREAT to have him back on Wednesday. Can he stop Lillard on a gimpy knee? No. Even when healthy Lillard can put up 30 on Bev any day of the week. However Bev is a much better option than Canaan!

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Awesome news!

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm just going to go ahead and assume the Rockets management and training staff understand the risks a hell of a lot better than some dudes on a forum. Getting past that part, this is great news and I'm proud to have Patrick Beverley on this team. The guy's already had 2 chances to shut it down for the year and no one would have blamed him. He wants to win too much to take the easy way out. And even though last night wasn't his finest game, he still came up with some MASSIVE rebounds and some important defensive plays. We need him to have ANY chance at a championship level defense.

12. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

Okay, that was good. Cheers!

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Bev is one of those players you will forever love.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Well if you root for any of the other 29 teams besides Rockets, chances are you dont.

But yes, as a Rockets fan, I agree with you.

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I'm worried that Portland is going to be extra physical with him since they know his knee is banged up. Bev would probably find a way to play even if he can't walk and I love that, but risking a career ending injury is not worth it.

16. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I don't think the rockets organization will give him retirement if he permanently injures his knee. If I was him I would say **** the organization and **** the playoffs.

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Hell, with the way Harden is struggling and chucking up 3 like he can make it every time, they might as well go to Lin and let him attack the basket. He seems more effective that night than Harden. The problem is the stupid coach don't trust Lin that much when the game is on the line.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOLOLOL.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the concern here with this injury isn't so much aggravating the injury, but on how stable the knee joint is.

So long as it's stable than I assume it's ok. You just don't want to see what happened to RG3.

20. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Anyone here ready to give up their full time job and financial stability for a champion please say hello.