1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Home Inspection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by xcamm1, Jul 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

In the process of purchasing my first home, and the real estate agent has set me up with an inspection company that wants to charge me 650 dollars for a one story 1,200 sq ft condo inspection.

This to me seems outrageous. I obviously don't want a cheapo inspection, but was thinking it would be considerably cheaper than the price they gave me.

Is this a bad price? If so, does anyone have a referral they could shoot my way?

Thanks!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

wow...that sounds pretty out there. got mine done two years ago. don't remember exactly how much it was, but wanna say it was around $400 for a 2500 sqft spot.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's pretty high.
    I spent around $400-450 the couple of times we had someone look at potential houses.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

5. updawg

updawg Member

That's high. Research and ask around. There are some terrible inspectors out there

6. ldg

ldg Contributing Member

it is high, but not unheard of. Try Angie's list - they provide user reviews with pricing information. I've used it personally and am happy with the service, but I'm not in the Houston area anymore.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Way too much.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's about twice what you should expect to pay to have a 1200 sq foot condo inspected.